Where to eat in San Antonio, Tx!

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:53 AM
Cindy

Where to eat in San Antonio, Tx!

A party of 5 adults are planning a trip in late June to San Antonio. Any suggestions on some great restaurants? Since there will be a convention in town that week, maybe we should target restaurants that take reservations. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 04:52 AM
michele

Just got back from San Antonio last week. Had a great time. Our favorite restaurant was Paisano's on Riverwalk. Their signature dish "Shrimp Paisano" was excellent. The eggplant and artichoke appetizers were wonderful too. (we ate these one night after having a late lunch that day) Would definitely recommend! (Didn't like their margaritas though) Paisano's does not take reservations unless you have a party of 10 or more. We didn't have any problem getting a table though (but we did eat late- about 8:30) There was also a very large convention there when we went.
Boudro's had the great margaritas (Prickly Pear) and do get their guacamole salad which they prepare fresh tableside. ( I have been craving this all week and plan to try it on my own). Personally I wasn't that impressed with their other food though. Boudro's will take reservations (even over the internet)
Mi Tierra in the Mexican market had excellent Mexican food and a fun atmosphere.
Oh I also would suggest you go to the Landing for drinks to hear Jim Cullum's band if you like jazz. They were very talented. Have a great trip!

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Linda

Michele mentioned two of my favorites: Paisano's & Mi Tierra. Also, La Margarita in the Mercado (near Mi Tierra) and, if you have a car, Karam's on Zarzamora (Mexican and about 5-8 minute drive from downtown). Also, one block past the Mercado (Market) and under the Interstate is Pico de Gallo (also Mexican).

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Syl

Cindy, check out chowhound.com at their Texas message board, it is a wealth of information to help your party out. They get really specific too. Have fun.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 09:56 AM
b.prince

We just returned from the largest convention San Antonio has ever hosted. Their hospitality was first rate. I guess with 25,000 extra visitors they rolled out the red carpet.
The food was great - be sure not to miss Boudro's - great guac., Zuni - great b'fast(good smoothies) and dinners (we were frequent visitors - you can purchase their salsa!), Biga on the Banks - fabulous dinner - quiet and wonderful. If you get to the Mexican Market - Mi Tierra was delicious!.
If you like to have fun after dark - Polly Easters was a lot of fun --- 3 floors of different music - 80's, 70's, and 90's -- Dualing Piano at Howl at the Moon - lot's of fun! and The Landing has some great jazz. If you like to sing and like a pub atomosphere try the pub at the Hilton - you can get to it on the River Walk.
The River Walk was wonderful. Easy to get around and find things. I still can't believe I didn't see anyone fall in!!!!

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 12:11 PM
lisa

Boudro's guacamole, made tableside, absolutely sets the standard for guac. It is great because you can watch them make it and then try to recreate it at home. It is really fabulous. Very good margaritas too, but the guac is a must.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 12:19 PM
lauren

I know you didn't mention hotels, but if you are looking for one, La Mansion on the Riverwalk is the best- very authentic and classy. And I spent 4 years in SA for college and had many people visit- so I know that's the best hotel. Paisano's is great, so is Rio Rio for mexican and margaritas.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Christie

My favorite Mexican place in San Antonio is Tomatillo's. They are located on Broadway, just outside of downtown. The food is yummy and the big drinks are really good, too. If you are out near Sea World or the Westin la Cantera, try Las Palapas on I-10 towards Boerne. They stay open late.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Christie

My favorite Mexican place in San Antonio is Tomatillo's. They are located on Broadway, just outside of downtown. The food is yummy and the big drinks are really good, too. If you are out near Sea World or the Westin la Cantera, try Las Palapas on I-10 towards Boerne. They stay open late. Oh, Rudy's and County Line BBQ are both really good!