Where to eat in Buckhead with teens?

Jan 25th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Sal

Where to eat in Buckhead with teens?

I'm heading to Buckhead GA for the weekend with my teenage daughter, her best friend and her mom. Can anyone suggest a restaurant (not dressy) that we'll all enjoy? We're staying at the Marriott and want something close by if possible. Thanks.

Jan 25th, 2001, 12:46 PM
J T Kirk

[I thought I already posted this, but it looks like I haven']
Check out Houston's; it's right across the street from Lenox Mall. It's sorta upscale but NOT hoity-toity. At lunch meals run $8 - $15. Dinner will be a little more. Suits, dresses, ties, etc. not required. For something far more casual, check out the Rib Ranch. It's right off Roswell Rd, just north of W Paces Ferry (the heart of Buckhead.) It's BBQ, and it's great. Wear jeans. Have fun.

Jan 25th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Sal, I'll assume you mean the neighborhood of Buckhead in Atlanta, not the separate town of Buckhead, GA.

Cafe Tu Tu Tango is a fun place for dinner. Food is served as small plates to encourage sharing and there are artists working around you as you eat. Most teenagers would consider it fun and hip.

Atlanta Fish Market has wonderful if pricey seafood if you're in the mood.

For Italian, Ciao Bella is my favorite - old house, young crowd, fair prices.

Houston's is a good standard and lots of people swear by it. I find it a bit corporate though.

None of these places should be considered "dressy", but people will certainly be dressing to look good.

Beware recommendations for the Cheesecake Factory. It's the highest grossing restaurant in Atlanta, but its quality is inversely related to its popularity, in my and most food critics' opinions.

Jan 25th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Michael

I would second the recommendation for cafe tu tango in Buckhead. They serve most everything in appetizer size portions but they include some very innovative items. I think it would be a place the teens would enjoy.

Search this Thread