Reload this Page >

Where Should we stay in Napa Valley?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Kim

My husband and I are planning a 3 night trip to Napa for our anniversary. I have been doing lots of research on where to stay and have narrowed the areas down to either St. Helena or Yountville. I am interested in opinions on the Villagio, the Vintage Inn, and the Inn at Southbridge. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Jennifer

Kim - We have stayed at the Villagio
and the Vintage Inn. Villagio is a nice
Inn - but not too special. Neither is the Vintage Inn. Rooms were rather dark and not too "plush". Have you looked at the Yountville Inn ?? We stayed there in Feb. and thought the room was huge and really nicely appointed. The breakfast in the lobby was lovely and casual. You really won't go wrong with any of these
places. I think that Yountville is ideally located. It's so close to everything and there are so many great
restaurants right there in walking distance. Have fun!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 04:58 AM
shelley

Hi, We stayed at the Vintage Inn a few years ago and loved it! Our room was not dark at all. We had a large room with a fireplace, very clean. The pool area was nice and the staff was also very accomodating. We enjoyed our stay very much! I would love to go back, enjoy your stay!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 06:31 AM
damon

Villagio is one of our lodging choices.The other is the Meadowood in St. Helena.Any feedback about Meadowood would be great.Thanks.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Kim

Thanks so much for the feedback. I also just heard from a friend that Rancho Caymus in St. Helena is nice but I've seen mixed reviews.... any feeback on that one???

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Mjoo

Stay at Meadowood! It is a step up from the other properties that you've been mentioning. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, it is truly a retreat, but still close enough to town and wineries for touring.

I used to live in the Napa Valley and my best friends are members of the club at Meadowood. The only other comparable property in that immediate area is Auberge Du Soleil

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Tony

The Villagio Inn and Spa in Yountville is a newer, rather nice property. It has a great champange breakfast included in the room rate and is located within walking distance of several very good restaurants. However, if you can afford it, Meadowood is an absolutely outstanding property that is very much in a league of its own.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Kim

I just can't pull the trigger on paying $650 night for Auberge or the Meadowood so it's really between Villagio ($350 a night) or something comparable -- other places I mentioned in ealier posts I've heard good things about -- Inn at Southbridge, Vintage Inn, and Rancho Caymus..... any opinions on those or comparable properties are greatly appreciated. Also wondering if there is a big difference between staying in St. Helena vs. Yountville. Thanks again.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Tony

Kim
Yountville is between Napa and St. Helena so is more centrally located than St. Helena. Having said that, the Napa Valley isn't that large and either spot would easily work for touring. The Vintage Inn is owned by the same people as the Villagio and is located just down the street from it. The Villagio is newer and in my opinion a little nicer. I have never had to pay $350 to stay at the Villagio as they always seemed to have a special running. You might want to check out there web site for specials. Usually, you get the best deals Mon - Thurs. and during the winter months. I prefer to stay at the Villagio as there are several great restaurants within walking distance. In particular, I like Bistro Jeanty which is located just accross the street and Bouchons. St. Helena also has some good restaruants. For example, Martini House is quite good. I don't know the other two hotel properties you mentioned. Perhaps someone else can help you.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 04:32 PM
kal

Agree with Tony on the Yountville location. Especially during bicycle season.
But we'd love to stay at Rancho Caymus since it's next door to the a good restaurant, The Rutherford Grill, and close to 2 of our fave wineries, Cakebread and BV.
We just booked a room at the Bourdeaux House in Yountville for our July trip. Stayed there before and enjoy it's location. Not the Villagio by any means. But, like Villagio, it's walking distance to Fr Laundry, Bouchon's, Bistro Jeanty, Paitti's, Livefire, Napa Grille.
And another thumbs up to The Martini House in St Helena.
Kal

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:54 AM
Kim

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially regarding the central location of Yountville, on some maps it looks a little isolated from the action in St. Helena, so I was a bit nervous. I did try to seek out some specials on the net but came up empty handed -- I already booked the room b/c I was getting nervous that things were booking up as I called several smaller b&b's that were recommended and they were completely booked --our Thurs night stay is $270, and then $350 for Fri, Sat nights at Villagio -- however, I can still cancel if someone persuades me that there is something better out there for the $$! Thanks again.

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:14 PM
kim

oops I mean $325 a night for Fri/Sat nights. thanks again for feedback on staying in Yountville, I feel good about this choice now.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 11:09 AM
jerri

I was looking at Meadowood to stay but not sure about the pricey rate.Many people on this thread make me want to consider The Villagio Inn.Is Meadowood worth the price or is The Villagio Inn a better value and not that far below Meadowood in luxury?

Thanks !

Old May 24th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Elaine

Kim -

We will be making our first trip in September. I did a lot of surfing and was surprised by the cost of accommodations. The Spa's seem to have lower room cost, but may not be as nice. We finally settled on rooms/cabins at Milat Vineyards in St. Helena for $125 a night. Also looked at the White Sulphur Springs Inn & Spa.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on either of these?
Thanks

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Michie

Does anyone know anything about the 1801 Inn or La Belle Epoque?

looking for a romantic 3 days away in late august. Can't spend more than $250-275/night - we are a younger couple.