Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Where on the Cape to stay? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/where-on-the-cape-to-stay-737098/)

schnookies Sep 17th, 2007 12:49 PM

Where on the Cape to stay?

We'll have two nights in the beginning of oct in Cape Cod. We are travelling a little bit on a budget and hope not to spend more than about $150/ night if possible. Can we find something in that price range around there and where??

jewela Sep 17th, 2007 01:42 PM

I've stayed at the Harbour House Inn twice in the fall. They usually have great specials. $150.00 should more than do it...especially if you are staying mid-week. ($150.00 may cover both nights) Always less expensive during the week. It's in Hyannis.

ah4sail Sep 17th, 2007 02:21 PM

In August we stayed at the All Seasons in Yarmouth. It was $95/ night. Depending on what you plan to do, it was centrally located, clean and nice.

The website is allseasons.com

schnookies Sep 17th, 2007 03:17 PM

Thanks! I'll definitely look into these suggestions:-)

suze Sep 17th, 2007 08:26 PM

Cape Cod is fairly spread out. Do you have any idea what part you want to visit? Provincetown, or somewhere closer in? What is it you want to see & do on the Cape?

schnookies Sep 17th, 2007 08:38 PM

Preferable Chatham if it's affordable.
We don't really care about the lodging as much as we rather spend our money on sightseeings. Is Hyannis better for our budget? I don't have anything particular on our schedule except Nantucket. Do you recommend us to book a room there now, or are we safe finding a motel or hotel along the way there, if we're not picky about our lodging?

suze Sep 17th, 2007 08:43 PM

You are trying to see a ridiculous amount of places during a short period of time (from your other threads). I don't think you can afford to be looking for a hotel in each spot, it's too time consuming. To have any chance of accomplishing your proposed itinerary, I think you need to have reservations each place.

bookhall Sep 18th, 2007 07:14 AM

You won't have any problem finding lodgings on the Cape at this time of year. I wouldn't bother making reservations--you'll be pleasantly surprised by motel prices. Hyannis is a good choice, especially if you're Nantucket-bound.

capecodshanty Sep 18th, 2007 08:46 AM

I beg to differ from bookhall-if it is a weekend!

Off season rates in Chatham will be affordable. I suggest you check the Chatham website, and see what you can find. There are lovely inns and bed and breakfasts, and much to do in the lower outercape area off season. Another venue would be to go onto "New England.com's" website, and punch in the various towns to see what is happening that first weekend of October.most towns have off-season festivals,such as Wellfleet's Oyster fest, Harwich's Cranberry festival,Eastham's windmill weekend.or Truro's Treasure Days.

I'd do a day trip into Hyannis, but wouldn't stay there. It is no longer "the Cape", but rather a small city.

Classic Sep 20th, 2007 04:51 AM

Hi

I have been a part time resident in Chatham forever. As a VR owner, I can tell you that the prices vary and Oct. is a busy wedding month. I would suggest you try looking for a VR by owner. Try Weneedavacation.com and conduct a search by dates, price and amenities. $150 per night might be tough-unless you rent a small cottage.

For Guest houses, try The Chatham Guest House-owned by the Director of the Chatham Chamber of Commerce. Also,
Ship's Light Apartments on Cross Street. Another option is Surfside-2 doors from the Atlantic Ocean and reasonably priced.

Good Luck