Where do you NOT want to go and why?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just trying to help things along - the screen is driving me nuts!

So, is there anywhere you've been you have no desire to return, or just no interest in going in the first place?
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM

Let me think.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:11 PM

Since this is the US forum, I'll have to say the cafeteria in one of the Smithsonian museums. Thought I'd be sick for days. I'll never go there again!

keep it going...
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:13 PM

My son just visited the Smithsonian today...I hope he didn't go to the cafeteria!
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:47 PM

Can't say I have any burning desire to go to Las Vegas. I know many, many people love it. And that's great. Just not my cup of tea. Not trying to offend anyone. Just trying to move this thread up!
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 07:08 PM

I have absolutely no interest in ever going to Branson, MO.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 07:19 PM

Ah, move the threads up, that is a good idea babs.

OK, I will never return to Reno.
Feel the same way about LasVegas.

Fishermens Wharf in SF unless a grandson insisted he wanted to go there.

Carmel, I don't know, it just doesn't turn me on as it did years ago.

Cinque Terra, saw it several times before Rick Steve's discovered it. No desire to go back

Tahoe South Shore. Would never bother again unless house guest wanted to go.

Pisa, Italy, unless I was with someone who had never been there.

Off the top of my head these are the places that come to mind.

And thanks for moving things along, LOL.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 07:27 PM

My family and I used to go to Branson back when it was a small Ozark town surrounded by beautiful scenery, with a trout filled river running through it. Now, I'd agree. I'll never go back.

Las Vegas isn't my thing either, really, for those times when I have a choice.

And I'm not much for beach sitting, so places that focus around that activity aren't on my list.

Old Mar 5th, 2005, 08:00 PM

NYC, too many people - rude, dirty city, plenty of places in USA to see. I'd like to visit Chicago though within the next year or two.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are out of it. NYC is one of the world's greatest travel destinations.Stay home.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 06:39 AM

Surprised nobody has mentioned Disneyworld yet. How about anywhere in Florida during "The Season". Crowded beaches, gridlocked traffic, ridiculous waits for mediocre restaurants. Not for me.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 06:59 AM
JJ5

Hard to be negative, because every place does have its good points.

But it is just that there are SO many places, and so little time.

Therefore, I will never return to Jerome (ride up/ back is not my cup of tea), Dells and large areas of WI, most ski towns (very much including Aspen, Lake Tahoe and Reno,too much money for too little- IMHO),Turkey, Jamaica, Branson, Florida from Christmas until end of August, Amsterdam (only place I actually left early- I just disliked almost everything about it)and any of the Mexican border towns. (Other places in Mexico I do look forward to returning to, especially Cozumel.)

To be honest, I also would probably not want to go to India, Aphganistan, lots of the Middle East, and much of desert Africa, because I know others who went, and I know that I would have great trouble with their cultural treatment of women, and especially dress/ physical limitation rules especially- apart from the acceptance of female circumsion by the authorities.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 07:11 AM

In the US- Another vote for Branson. Like Clifton, I was there many years ago when it was a charming town in the Ozarks. Went back a few yrs ago and felt like crying.
Outside the US- Baghdad and Tehran
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 07:16 AM
gc

No desire to go to Houston.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM

This is a great post...interesting!

For me it would have to be Hawaii--it is the flighttimes that keep me away. I know it's beautiful, but the flight time from JFK is the deal breaker for me.

It used to be Las Vegas....and we went last year for the first time. I was not looking forward to the trip, and had every expectation of American Cheese. When our friends used to tell us how great it was we thought they were just crazy I went to LV to prove myself right... I was wrong! It was one of the best vacations we ever had. We returned a few months later and had an even better time.

But even with only a 3 hour time difference from NY to LV I am not right for at least 5 days when I get home.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 07:43 AM

Niagara Falls in December. Stupid decision my boyfriend and I made when we were 20, not much pre-planning or research went into it. We had driven to Pittsburgh from Florida to see a Steelers game and knew we were ending up in Boston to visit friends and thought it would be a sweet, romantic thing to do. NOT!! Everything was closed and all the pictures are of us looking frigid. I plan everything like a fanatic now.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 08:12 AM

Lake Havasu (spelling?), Needles, and many points in between LA and the Grand Canyon.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 10:01 AM

I gotta jump on the Branson bandwagon too. That is the first thing that popped into my head when I read this question. I've never been there, but from the descriptions I've read, it doesn't seem to be someplace I would enjoy. I would like to visit the Ozarks though - I have heard that there is some really pretty country in that area.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Another vote for Branson!!! YUCK
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 10:49 AM

Detroit and Haiti.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -