Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where can I get the best rates for Walt Disney World accomodations?

Old Jan 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would post this for all of you Walt Disney experts!

We are staying 2 nights offsite (Omni Resort Championsgate) and want to stay 3 or 4 nights on the property.

I am wondering who has the cheapest and reputable agent to book with (ie expedia, travelocity, etc).

thank you very much.

Susan
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 06:24 AM

Go to www.mousesavers.com for information saving money when booking at Disney.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 05:22 AM

I called number on Disney site iteself and got better rates than posted on ANY site. Got upgraded to moderate resort from cheaper All-star for same price on one trip (stayed at Caribbean Beach). They are actually pretty helpful if you just call and say I want the best deal you've got. Did the same this year with Nickelodeon and saved about 1/2 over published rates. Haven't been yet -- we leave in 3 weeks, so let's hope my bargaining was worth it.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 06:02 AM

The best rates for Disney resorts are through Disney-Expedia and Travelocity are either the same price or a few dollars more. The only time I have gotten better rates for on property is for the Swan or Dolphin which are run by Sheraton but right between the Yacht Club and Boardwalk on property. Sometimes you can get better rates for them through Travelocity or Expedia than you can on their website.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 06:23 AM

You can check mousesavers.com for good rates - also check with your AAA travel agent, if you are a AAA member. wdwinfo.com sometimes has some good rates and disboards.com has a hotel forum that you can check.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 06:26 AM

Mousesavers.com without a doubt is the place on the web to find the rate codes for Disney discounts. Last summer I found a code there that gave us a free meal plan - ended up booking a trip for 4 from Boston for 5 nights airfare, moderate hotel, meals and admission tickets for $2500. Mousesavers isn't an agent (though I think there is some affliation with one.) You can use the rate code info that you find there to book directly with Disney.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 07:54 AM

Susan, all the other posters are absolutely right to check mousesavers first and then call Disney.

Bennie,
How far in advance from when you booked/travelled was that promotional code posted?