Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Where can I buy 100% Kona coffee in Maui neat Kihe?

Where can I buy 100% Kona coffee in Maui neat Kihe?

Mar 31st, 2004, 02:20 PM
Original Poster
Where can I buy 100% Kona coffee in Maui neat Kihe?

We are staying in S.Kihei. Where can I buy 100% Kona coffee to brew in our condo-Starbucks? Also, is there good snorkelling within walking distance; and if not where is the closest good snorkelling spot? Which store near there has the best grocery prices? Finally how far a drive is the Old Lahaina Luau from S. Kihei?
Mar 31st, 2004, 02:34 PM
For coffee, try the Bad Ass Coffee Co, across the street from one of the Kam beaches, it's pretty easy to spot, near Bada Bing restaurant I think (also, get some shave ice right by Bad Ass from the Local Boy shack, it's awesome). It was expensive though. We actually got really good 100% beans at Foodland on Kihei Rd, they had a good variety. You can sign up in the store for their discount card. We actually bought 100% Maui beans from Foodland from Maui Coffee Co, (who also has 100% Kona) and fell in love with it and bought some online later! It was wonderfully smooth and creamy.

There's good snorkeling all along the south shore, especially at Keawakapu Beach, Ulua Beach, and our favorites Po'olenalena and Palauea. Get a copy of Maui Revealed for really thorough breakdowns of snorkel spots.

The luau is about 45 minutes drive from Kihei.

We stayed at the Kihei Surfside condo last July, and I have LOTS of info on our trip here: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34436140

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Apr 1st, 2004, 10:20 AM
You can buy it everywhere, but you might want to opt for some Maui coffee in stead of Kona. Starbucks has recently increased their purchases of Kona beans, which means that the supply of Kona beans available has been greatly reduced, driving up the cost of 100% Kona coffee. Maui grown coffee is giving Kona coffee a run for it's money. Look for Grandma's Coffee. If you travel upcountry, stop at Grandma's Coffeehouse in Kula. It is on the way to the winery.

Search this Thread