Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Where are you today? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/where-are-you-today-441613/)

annethered Jun 11th, 2004 11:39 AM

Where are you today?

Tell me...where are you today and, perhaps, where would you rather be?

bonniebroad Jun 11th, 2004 11:45 AM

I am at home in central N.C. watching this beautiful farewell to the late President Reagan. I would LOVE to be at the Renaissance Wailea in Hawaii........

dcespedes Jun 11th, 2004 11:49 AM

I am at home experiencing the heat and humidity of south TX ((#))....I would rather be in the cool mountains out west, on a hike :)>-

auntiemaria Jun 11th, 2004 11:54 AM

I'm at home on Kaua`i, watching all the waterfalls tumbling down the north shore pali. Saw 2 rainbows as we headed out for breakfast this morning! ((R))

peterboy Jun 11th, 2004 11:57 AM

At work near Schenectady NY. I'd rather be home playing with the dog since it has been such a beautiful day. This is my first weekend off since Easter so I need nothing more than home to satisfy me. Maybe we'll head up to Saratoga Springs for some dinner tonight or tomorrow night. These are the days we cherish here in Upstate since it is so miserable for so many months. Sorry to see all that rain to the south in the mid Atlantic. I hopr it clears out and you all have a great weekend too. Caio.

missypie Jun 11th, 2004 12:00 PM

On the 45th floor of an office building of downtown Dallas, gazing at the "mighty Trinity River." The Trinity is normally only a ditch, but after about 10 solid days of rain, I keep expecting to see barges floating down it!

shaz60 Jun 11th, 2004 12:02 PM

I am at work on Lowell MA but I would love to be either camping in the mountains or hanging out in New Orleans.

bonniebroad Jun 11th, 2004 12:03 PM

Auntiemaria, guess it would be ridiculous to ask you where you'd RATHER be?;-)

Jeff Jun 11th, 2004 12:07 PM

I'm sitting in my office in Pittsburgh. It is raining very hard.

I would rather be in St. John U.S.V.I.

utahtea Jun 11th, 2004 12:09 PM

I'm home in the San Francisco Bay area and I'd rather be in Utah.

Utahtea

Statia Jun 11th, 2004 12:10 PM

dcespedes, I feel for you....been there, done that.

I'm in the Dutch West Indies getting ready to go out for cocktails in a few hours, after working on our new ocean front property this afternoon.

However, I certainly wouldn't mind being just about any place in Europe at the moment.

Rosemary1 Jun 11th, 2004 12:19 PM

Right now, at home in Denver, heading up to the mtns. to do some river rafting and horseback riding starting tomorrow to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary.

Watched the touching funeral for President Reagan earlier and got a little choked up, especially when the tenor sang Ava Maria, gets me everytime..

mikesmom Jun 11th, 2004 12:34 PM

I'm on the 23rd Floor of an office building in downtown Detroit with a view of the river.

I would rather be on vacation - doesn't really matter where, as long as I'm traveling somewhere fun!

swalter518 Jun 11th, 2004 12:35 PM

I'm in downtown Chicago staring out my window on the 18th floor wishing I was out on one of the boats on the lake I'm looking at...

cruisin_tigger Jun 11th, 2004 12:36 PM

I'm sitting at my desk (bored out of my mind!!) on the 54th floor of a downtown office building looking out at the Sears Tower.
Would rather be in the Living Room at the Princeville sipping something tasty!

annethered Jun 11th, 2004 12:37 PM

By the way ..

I'm finishing a beautiful sunny day in Norfolk, England. Spent the day with my two girls - a nice big 'full-English' breakfast, a bit of shopping, packing to send my 12 year old off on a weeks school trip (5 tons of kit!!) and Ben and Jerry's after dinner!

Where would I rather be? Well, here would be fine really, but with my husband home with us. He works away in the Middle East for 6 weeks at a time. Makes you realise that it's people that make somewhere special in the end.

GoTravel Jun 11th, 2004 12:39 PM

On the SC coast getting ready to go meet a girlfriend for Friday afternoon cocktails.

ANTS430 Jun 11th, 2004 12:42 PM

I am in a humid 91 degree Memphis Tn.

Would much rather be at the volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii or at a beach on Kauai....

hibiscushouse Jun 11th, 2004 01:14 PM

At home in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida walking around the house in the new (good ones this time)hiking boots I purchased today for our trip to the Canadian Rockies later this month.

Rather have all my continuing ed nursing credits completed, have that monkey off my back, have everyone packed (making no mistakes in what we won't need and what we will) and already at our destination in Canada. The airline called and pushed our flight later by over two hours, with a longer layover. Meaning we will now get to our destination late at night (traveling alone with three kids.) :-<

Marilyn Jun 11th, 2004 01:14 PM

I'm home in the woods just north of San Francisco. It's a perfectly beautiful day here and I'm pretty content to be home for a month. (Returned from NYC 2 weeks ago and are off to Portland OR and Hayden Lake ID in 3 weeks.)

annethered, I have spent LOTS of time in Norfolk, Stiffkey, Fakenham, and Wells-Next-The-Sea, to be specific. It's lovely there!

Statia, as much as I'd love to join you for cocktails, I think we should meet in Bandera. Don't you have a sister there? One of my best friends lives there. Or am I utterly confused on this Friday afternoon?