Where are the world's worst drivers?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ans - Paris, France and anywhere in Italy.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 11:55 AM

Within a one mile radius of wherever I happen to be driving on any given day. LOL
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 11:56 AM

Where are the world's worst drivers? Mostly buried in the ground.

We have more than our fair share in Florida.

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:18 PM

According to my husband....Korea!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:19 PM

Don't know about the world but if we are talking US - FLORIDA!!!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM

Dave Barry writes hysterical columns about seniors driving in Florida.

I find the New Jersey Turnpike gets more stressful and crazy the closer you get to NYC. And when I was driving with a friend in Boston I was pretty scared at times! But I in no way can say that NYers or Bostonians are the world's worst. I've never driven on the LA Freeways, and I suspect that the NJ Turnpike would feel like a country drive compared to that!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Florida !!!!!!!!!!!! Too many "hit the accelerator instead of the brake" situations....I am always amazed at the DMV when they give out a license to someone who can't walk, or hear them talking and barely passes the sight test....huh ??!!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:30 PM

In the US I have to say Fla. is right up there. The combination of the seniors going 12 mph & the pickup driving kids going 90 mph ...but driving in Europe is a different experience. In comparison, NY drivers are sane!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:36 PM

I'm with Florida, where else are there at least weekly stories about drivers driving through the fronts of stores, restaurants, etc.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM

Agree with Florida and Orlando specifically. In addition to the seniors and pick-up kids there are all the interntional tourists suffering from jet lag (and often the wrong side of the roaditis) plus all the tourists, with 3 kids screamimg Mickey! Mickey! in the back seat to distract them, and not a clue where they're going. I once saw 4 separate single-car accidents - on a perfectly clear dry day - in the short drive between the airport and the hotel.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:57 PM
LN

In Florida I see people using the right lane (usually the slow lane) as the passing lane cause all the grays drive in the left lane. I also find that they like to make right hand turns from the left lanes and the other drivers generally just stop and shake their heads. And on occasion I've seen the grey speed up to beat the bridge going up. That is quite a sight!

I don't see as much aggressive driving in Florida (or maybe I'm not in the right city for it) as I do up North. At least in Florida I don't get cut off, cussed at, and the finger wave at least twice a day.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:05 PM
jor

How interesting about Florida. My cousin was killed by a motorist in Ft. Lauderdale at a convension ouside of his hotel while he crossed the street as a pedestrian.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Road-raged California drivers are addicted to their cellphones, and use their turn signals only AFTER they've started to pull into the next lane.

New Mexico is pretty bad.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 02:42 PM

LMAO at mcqueeny, lol.

Denver ranks right up there though. Someone recently wrote a letter to the editor of the Denver Post, entitled "You Might be a Bottlenecker If...." He then provided a Jeff Foxworthy-esque list of such truthful observations about Denver drivers, that it made me chuckle.

You basically have three types here:

1. Old timer Colorado natives who are used to having the entire road to themselves and routinely drive ten to fifteen miles below any given posted speed limit -- in the far left lane, of course.

2. Southern California transplants in their behemouth SUVs, driving ten to twenty miles OVER any given posted speed limit in any given weather condition -- while talking on their cell phones, of course.

3. Out of state tourists in their motor homes and SUVs, driving ten to twenty miles below any given posted speed limit -- in the far left lane, of course.

lol
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 02:55 PM

MA, NY

though my wife would kill me if she saw this being from MA
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM
uuhhhh

depends upon where i am at the moment.

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 04:57 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
USA:
Incompetent - Florida, Oregon (what's that other lever for? Turn signal? Why, can't they see I'm turning?

Aggressive - California

Incompetent and aggressive - Boston.

Overseas:

Portugal. By a landslide.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:40 PM

Northern Virginia. Rtes 66, 495 and good old Tysons Corner. Cell phone yuppies haven..stress out to the max here.e. That's why we want outta here.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:56 PM

I'd have to say Florida. More specific- Ft.Lauderdale. They drive like speed demons and don't have your blinker on, you might as well forget getting over!!!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 06:55 PM
jor

Gardyloo, I agree with you 100% about
"Overseas: Portugal. By a landslide." I was terrified when I hitched a ride in the back end of a pickup among other incidents. But Portugal has the best people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -