Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   WHEN AND WHERE TO STAY AT PANAMA CITY BEACH (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/when-and-where-to-stay-at-panama-city-beach-113513/)

RENEE Mar 20th, 2001 08:41 AM

WHEN AND WHERE TO STAY AT PANAMA CITY BEACH

VERY FIRST TIME EVER GOING ON VACATION FOR MY FAMILY. PLANNING TO GO TO PANAMA CITY BEACH WITH 2 CHILDREN AGES 7 & 9. IS MAY A GOOD TIME TO GO CONSIDERING THE WEATHER CONDITIONS AND WHERE IS SOME NICE PLACES TO STAY SUCH AS A RESORT OR CONDO WITH NICE ANEMITIES SUCH AS HOT TUBS AND SWIIMING POOLS. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME.......

Alan Mar 20th, 2001 10:20 AM

I live in Alabama and have a place in Destin--May is the BEST time--rarely rains, warm days, cool nights--less crowded as School still in session--first and secoind weeks of May are best--Can't help re condo--but be sure and explore Scenic 30A west of Panama City--Seaside, Greyton--the best...(Destin is nicer area than PC if you have not committed to one...)

Beachy Mar 20th, 2001 10:48 AM

<BR>I live in the FL "panhandle" and I can tell you that you DO NOT want to spend your vacation in Panama City Bch while the Spring Breakers are there. A good resort that does not rent to the Spring break crowd is called Edgewater. It is gated and offers everything your family would want. In Destin (which in my opinion is much better than PC) check out the San Destin Hilton resort. Abbott Realty handles most of the rental properties. We have used them in the past if you are interested in a condo.

Rodney Mar 25th, 2001 12:23 PM

All of the good "family" places (mainly condos) are on Thomas Drive. Most of what's on the main strip is old, shabby low-budget motels except for the Holiday Inn which is quite nice and in a decent location. May should be a good time to go.

John Mar 25th, 2001 04:04 PM

Renee, FYI, please don't type in caps because it's considered to be "shouting" and somewhat rude. Now, I must agree with the Edgewater advice. I prefer Navarre or Destin to PCB but if going to Panama City then Edgewater is the place.

debbie May 27th, 2001 07:49 PM

diffently stay off of Front Beach Road. thomas Drive is more family oriented and more relaxing. A nice condo is Peligan Walk with all the anemities you need with 2 pools. I've stated several times, and I won't go anywhere else. June or early July is good. Have a good time.

Celeste May 28th, 2001 12:32 PM

I liked both Pelican Walk and Regency Towers. Regency is an enormous high rise that we liked because we saw many dolphins just past the surf line every morning because we were on the 10th floor.

Cathie May 28th, 2001 08:35 PM

We were in Panama City Beach a few years ago in June...stayed at a place called Watercrest Condos...2 bedroom condo, which was one of the nicest places that we have ever stayed..had a huge balcony that overlooked the gulf..it is on Thomas Drive which is the quieter end of the beach..can't remember exact dates but we made the mistake of being there when a whole bunch of high school seniors were there celebrating graduation...my teenagers loved it. <BR>We rented it through one of the real estate places..think it was called Resort Realty or something like that. It was privately owned and the people left a book on the table for people to sign and put remarks in. Thought that was kinda neat.