Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > What's your favorite Italian restaurant in Boston...

What's your favorite Italian restaurant in Boston...

Jun 27th, 2000, 03:38 PM
Toni

What's your favorite Italian restaurant in Boston...

I'm interested to know what your very favorite Italian restaurant in Boston is...
I love mussels with a good garlicky tomato sauce...any special places for this type of dish? Thank you for any suggestions you can provide...

Jun 27th, 2000, 03:49 PM
Diane

I can't say I've eaten at enough of them to be a real expert, but the last time I was in the North End (a couple of months ago) I had a wonderful and extremely reasonably-priced meal (maybe $15-20) at Taverna Toscana.

As a plus, they've worked out an arrangement with a coffeehouse/bar one street over; if there's a wait for your table, they send you to the coffeehouse/bar and call the maitre'd there to fetch you when the restaurant's got your table ready. I'm sure this is an arrangement that works well financially for Taverna Toscana and for the coffeehouse/bar, and it was extremely convenient for us, too.

Jun 27th, 2000, 05:51 PM
Karen

Last New Year's Eve, some very good friends took us to a North End restaurant called LoConte's. Wonderful! We had a seafood pasta dish that was fabulous. I could not recommend this restaurant more highly, but can only refer you to the North End as I cannot recall the street name! Good luck and happy eating!

Jun 27th, 2000, 07:35 PM
edie

Artu's in North End.
most anything in the north end is at the least decent, with the exception of La Famiglia, which is awful

Jun 30th, 2000, 06:21 PM
sandra engley

It is tough to pick just one. The food is very good, and I enjoy the old world charm of Piccola Venezia and Lucia's, and the cozy rooms of Joe Tecce.

Search this Thread