Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Whats the Best to do in Disney and the Area.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 1999, 03:11 PM
G. Harris

Give us suggestions on whats the best to do at night around WDW with two children.

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 07:06 PM
Sue

Actually if you plant to do WDW, Universal, MGM, etc you are often there till late in the evening anyway or you are too exhausted to do anything but collapse on the hotel bed. There is lots of excellent mini golf in the Kissimee area and most hotels have pools. I've never had the strength to carry on much past 7pm when you grab a bite and head for bed.

Old Mar 30th, 1999, 05:03 AM
CB

Friends of ours with young children HIGHLY recommend going back to the hotel in the mid-afternoon for rest, naps, splash in the pool, and decompression and then returning to the parks in the early evening. Note going to the point of exhaustion and having 2 "mini-days" each day added to their enjoyment.

Old Mar 30th, 1999, 06:29 AM
ilisa

You didn't say when you would be visiting. Please note that at certain times of the year, the parks close early, sometimes as early as 6 or 7 pm.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:15 PM
G.Harris

Thanks for all your input. We will be going in two weeks. the question I really wanted to have answered was what are the diner shows like, for example the Laui at the Polyneshian.