We're spending two weeks in Florida in the first half of September. Indeed it's off season but having read lots of stuff we think it'll be fine, plus a little quieter and cheaper! However, what I'm trying to find out is whether lots of places (ie hotels, restaurants, attractions) are closed. I don't imagine they are in Miami but we're planning to go to Fort Myers (probably Sanibel Is) and Key West, staying 3 or 4 days in each. Off season in most places means that some opening hours are restricted I guess, but I'd be surprised if loads were closed. Hopefully not, but would appreciate any advice. It's quite a chilled holiday so only worried about restaurants/cafes/beaches and some of the more peaceful attractions/activities. Many thanks, Alex
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family winter holiday
- 2 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 3 Our next summer trip
- 4 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 5 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 6 Dulles to BWI
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 9 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 10 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 11 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 12 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 13 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 14 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 15 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 16 Muir Woods - new rules
- 17 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 18 Padre Islands
- 19 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 20 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 21 NASHVILLE
- 22 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 23 4 days in San Diego
- 24 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 25 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit