Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What was the "security breach" at laguardia yesterday?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:40 AM
nina

I saw a blurb about this last night, that it was on the upcoming news, but as usual, fell asleep before it came on! What happened? Just curious as I have a flights coming up from there. Did anyone catch this?

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:58 AM
c

Hi nina, heard nothing about LaGuardia.Atlanta and of course Miami but I missed LaGuardia too! Liked the story about the guy that posed as a sky marshall so he could get an upgrade!LOL what will they think of next c

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 06:09 AM
nina

Thanks Candace. I missed all those stories! I was chaperoning the school ski trip yesterday, so was out of it.

Not bad snow for all man-made with just a little ice and of course tolerable temperatures, in case anyone's interested in CT ski conditions. They sure are wearing out the snowmaking machines this year!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 06:23 AM
candice

Nina-today is a good one! The dog and I are getting outta here! and taking a long walk...waiting for spring.I know it has been a mild winter but it has been long enough and now I want warmth!
Think anyone is listening?
Maybe CT would be a good weekend getaway,have you been to White Flower Farm?

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 07:20 AM
nina

Yes, my brother-in-law lives very close to WFF, we go all the time. It's a great day trip. Drive to Litchfield but make sure you stop at Lake Waramaug in New Preston and circle the lake and do a little wine tasting at Hopkins Vineyard. The wine isn't the best but the view is gorgeous. If it's a nice day walk or cycle around the lake. Very pretty.

In New Preston have dinner at Oliva. great food and BYOB, which you can buy while shopping on Main Street in Litchfield. Don't remember the name of the wine shop but it's a good one. Lots of nice little shops and beautiful homes, and of course if you like gardening you will love White Flower Farm. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm off to, great day to walk on the beach!