Search

What town to stay in by Sebago Lake, Maine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What town to stay in by Sebago Lake, Maine

Hello everyone -

We have explored the mid-coast coastal area of Maine quite a bit for the last couple of years and thought we'd try the lakes region of Maine this time. I was thinking around Sebago lake but if there are other suggestions in that area, we are open to that as well.

We are looking to rent a small house somewhere by Sebago Lake and because it is a large lake, encompasses several towns adjacent to it. I was wondering if anyone can give us advise as to which town would be a good base. I am not sure if parts of the lake allow jetskis, motorboats and the like. That is what we want to STAY AWAY FROM.

We are looking for something peaceful, quaint and quiet but which also has good restaurants. To give an idea of what I am referring to, we like the area of Brewster and Wellfleet in the Cape.

THANK YOU!
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 01:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Naples, Raymond and Casco have the marinas, Windham is also quite busy........We have stayed at Sebago Lake Lodge and found it rather quiet, on a quiet end of the lake in Standish, though motorboats seemed to be allowed anywhere on the lake. I'm not sure if any of the smaller lakes in the region don't allow motorboating. The Sebago Lakes chamber has quiet a good website and the SebagoLakeLodge.com website also has a lot of info on the area.