What to take to Kapalua, Maui in February

Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

What to take to Kapalua, Maui in February

I'll be staying at the in Kapalua (Ritz) the week of Feb 5th, for 7 nights. I want to avoid overpacking, but want to make sure I have everything I need. Any suggestions about what I should have, don't need, and the "if you have extra room in your bags" type things. Also, looking at the weather right now, it appears to be sunny and mid-80's - is this right and can I pretty much count on that during the 2nd week of Feb?
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 06:43 AM

Your usual summer casual clothes: bathing suit(s)/cover up, sandals, sneakers for walking, nice shoes/sandals for dining, easy care breezy skirt (for those of that inclination), or slacks. Don't need dressy clothes, extra shoes, wraps, etc. Don't wear shorts to dinner at the Ritz, but there's no need to go all out. [As a matter of fact, try not wear shorts anywhere (IMO, after the first 1/2 hour, nobody looks good in shorts!)]
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 09:43 AM

Sorry Coltsfan. What a dreadful game they (Indy Colts) played. But they really haven't played at all well in the past month.
Anyway, as for Kapalua. We're heading that was in Feb. too but we're staying in our timeshare at the Sands of Kahana. Same area, but I'm sure the Ritz is much much nicer. If you're from the Midwest as we are, anthying over 60 is a real plus. We've been there 4 times in February and the weather has always been low to mid 80's. If you have a car and the day is overcast, you might head to the south end of the island. As for what not to forget. Binoculars are a must. We usually take 2 sets so we can both see everything. Maybe a good book for lounging at the pool or an IPOD.
Have a great time and don't forget to relax. Lots of stuff to see and do, but don't let it overwhelm you. The first time we were there we did EVERYTHING because "we were never going to go back." Needless to say we've been back many times and will be again and again.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Coltsfan

You have my deepest sympathy for the Colts loss yesterday.

Maui can be cool in February, so either bring a light jacket or sweatshirt.

Maui can be cold if you go to Haleakala. It is about 40 degrees there at sunrise in February. Haleakala is 10,000 feet above sea level.

There are other places on Maui where it may be cool if you plan to visit a lot of the island.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM

we go every year in March and needless to say I always overpack. I don't need all My shorts and dresses!!! But it can be cool when it rains so something light weight but warm is good. I think I will bring only 3 pairs of shorts this year and 1 dress ha ha. Oh also I always bring too many sandels too So maybe 3 pairs wish me luck and you too Have a great time we go 6 weeks from today!!!!