My son goes to school out-of-state and plays basketball, so he won't be coming home for any holidays this winter. My daughter and I are going to drive up to San Francisco from Los Angeles the day before Thanksgiving because my son's team has a game there that night. He'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with us before the team flies out Friday morning.
I haven't been to San Francisco in years and don't really know what we can do on Thanksgiving. My thought is that most places will be closed. Since it's the only time we'll have to spend with him for months, I'd like to do more than just sit in our hotel room watching TV. Any suggestions?
Also, any restaurant recommendations (not necessarily traditional meal) would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be really inexpensive, but I'd prefer to keep away from really expensive as well. My daughter can sometimes be a pickier eater (no beef, no pork, no dark meat chicken, etc.) so I don't want to spend a lot of $ on food that she may or may not eat.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEBROOT @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation renewal CONTACT WEBROOT Tec* h 24/7
- 2 Christmas getaway
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Sjc Car Rental
- 5 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 6 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 7 [email protected]
- 8 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 9 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 10 Trip to Cali
- 11 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 12 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 13 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 14 4 days in San Diego
- 15 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 16 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 17 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 18 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 19 NY theater district restaurant
- 20 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 21 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 22 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 23 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 24 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 25 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)