What to do in La Jolla

Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do in La Jolla

What can we do or see in La Jolla? Ill be travelling with my husband & 4 yr old daughter. Thanks
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 12:13 PM

Lot's to do for such a little place!

Birch Aquarium
http://aquarium.ucsd.edu/

Museum of Contemporary Art, La Jolla (other facility is in Downtown SD)
http://www.mcasd.org/home.asp

La Jolla Farmer's Market is every Sunday.

The Children's Pool at Girard and Coast Blvd. has been taken over by sea lions and is a great place to check them out. On the other side of the breakwater is a great beach for playing, swimming, and best of all, tidepooling.

You can go snorkeling in the Scripps Reserve in La Jolla Cove. This is a good beach for swimming kids because it is so tame.

John Cole's bookshop has a beautiful children's room and.

This might be a good webpage for your perusal:

http://www.gocitykids.com/browse/nei...area=1940&zip=
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 12:27 PM

The beach is great, the dining is terrific, the shopping is divine

Go to Brockton Villa for breakfast and then have a walk and watch the seals and visit the caves.

Take a short drive to the San Diego Zoo and Seaworld. The zoo is located at Balboa Park where there's also beaurtiful gardens and lots of museums. Visit Coronado Island and check out the famous Hotel Del (where "Some Like it Hot" was filmed).

There's a tourist trolley for $24/person that will take you around to all the main tourist sights. You can get it at Balboa Park or any of it's stops (including Coronad)

Many more posts here on La Jolla. Type La Jolla in the text search box above. Also try San Diego.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 03:29 AM

Check out www.sandiegomagazine.com
The August issue has the "annual" restaurant reviews and tons of current activity information.
M
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 11:32 AM

Sorry, but I'm curious. If you don't know what to do, why are you going to La Jolla?

Curious
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 12:52 PM

Curious,
OK, I'll speculate: they live in fly over land where the cost of living is far less and the Summers are way hotter.
M
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your info! The children's pool looks like a nice place to visit and the bookstore.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 09:13 PM

http://kayak4fish.com/

Dave
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:30 AM

My husband and I were in San Diego a couple of years ago and our favorite afternoon was spent at the Glider Port in La Jolla. There are all kinds of RC planes and various hang gliders. We packed a lunch, a bottle of wine, and had a great time watching the activity. We were there on a Sunday afternoon - I suspect it's key to go on a weekend day.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:53 AM

Just got back from spouse's conference week in La Jolla with our 2 teen girls. Even they were thrilled with the seals swimming off the downtown area beaches, I think your 4 year old will love it! We drove down to Coronado and spent time at the hotel there like someone suggested. That's where the girls and I did our beach thing, even though one spent the morning onshore in a sweatshirt. It is alot cooler there than our Houston home in July! Do pack sweaters or light jackets. We also took a drive to Pt. Loma for great views and the old lighthouse. Shopping is nice but even window shopping is expensive, and little ones don't enjoy it. Mostly I enjoyed walking in the high noon sun and not breaking a sweat! Have fun!