What to do in charleston

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do in charleston

HI! well as i am moving closer to my moving date, i decided to take a look at the city i will be relocateing to. I will be in the charleston area sept 1,2,3, and am looking for cheep places to eat and things to do. I will be spending most of the time looking for apts, meeting potential roomates, looking for banks and other moving related items. But in my "free" time i would love to see what else the city has to offer.
I would like to spend at least a few hours on the beach, so if anyone could reccomend a good one to chck out that would be great.
I will be staying at the Masters inn in north charleston (got it really cheep from orbitz)has anyone had experience with this hotel? Also any websites with good maps of the area?
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 02:00 PM

I lived in Charleston for five years. North Charleston is not the nicest all over, so it depends which exit you are at. Do you know? I recommend Folly beach for an easy one for you to get to. There is a park area with parking and facilities. Kiawah is nice, but a lot further. You of course can't miss the battery downtown. The visitors center has many tour vendors- if 'Historically speaking' still operates I recommend them as the narration is the best and the tour is in a van. Also, you could do a horse drawn carraige which is nice. Have a great trip!
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

i thinks its exit 211a off of I 26
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 03:58 PM

I agree with the above post on the mini-vans. They give a wonderful overview of historic Charleston, and we were really glad we went. They are at the visitors center, and there are many to choose from.
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

I will check that out!
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Original Poster

i will try to escape from the hurricane