Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What to do in Boulder for a couple of days in September?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DH and I will be visiting family for a few days in Tucson over Labor Day weekend. We are thinking of combining it with another area where we can get a cheap non-stop flight to. We were thinking of flying to Denver and going to Boulder (with maybe a night in Denver as well).

Any suggestions on the best way to spend 2-3 days in the Denver/Boulder area? If we go to Denver, I'd like to see the new art museum. We also like exploring new towns, being outdoors, and a nice dinner or 2.
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Truthfully your options are nearly endless. Besides the Art Museum you have a number of old homes and historical sites in Denver. Do a day trip out of Boulder through Estes Park over Trail Ridge Road back through Nederland down Boulder canyon. Lots of short/long hiking opportunities. If it is a weekend check to see if CU has a home game -- that could make it a little zooish. The Aspen should be starting to turn so it would be pretty over the high passes. Dinner options are endless. What do you want or like.
Old May 14th, 2010, 07:38 PM

The Pearl Street Mall in downtown Boulder is great for shopping. It is a pedestrian mall spanning several blocks with lots of shops, restaurants, street performers, etc. A fun experience. www.boulderdowntown.com

The Boulderado Hotel is a great place to stay. www.boulderado.com
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:23 AM

Here is what I like to do in order of preference:
1. Breakfast in Boulder at one of the fresh bakery places, buy bread, cheese, fruit, and wine for lunch picnic, drive into Rocky Mountain National PArk. (Can do loop all day drive and come out at south end near Denver, or just go as far as you want for a day drive to one of the lakes and come back to Boulder. The Continenttal divid is awesome and so is teh lodge at the top of the pass.)
2. Have breakfast at Boulder again one of the fresh bakery places, tour Pearl Street Mall, then go tour Celestial Tea near Boulder.
3. Drive to Golden and tour Coors brewery.
4. South of Denver, Colorado Springs do an Air Force Academy tour.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Sounds good. Once I all the timing of things planned out, I'll look into restaurant possibilities.

Thanks.
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Looks like we only have time for 3 nights in Denver/Boulder. Our last night will definitely be in Denver. Should the 1st 2 also be in Denver, or Boulder or 1 of each?