Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   What time zone is this website in? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/what-time-zone-is-this-website-in-119430/)

Patrick Apr 20th, 2001 02:26 PM

What time zone is this website in?

Not sure if this will post or not, but I'm trying to figure out why when I bring up the US forum today, the most recent post I can get is yesterday afternoon.

John Apr 20th, 2001 03:09 PM

Same experience here, it's obviously code jockeying around Fodors. Hitting refresh seems to work some times, otherwise I've cleared local cache and it updates the threads list. Patience, brother...

Bob Brown Apr 20th, 2001 08:12 PM

After 2 years fiddling with this site, I have concluded that the managing outfit is in the twilight zone.

joan Apr 21st, 2001 01:15 PM

also, has anybody else been getting the "sorry we may be working on the site" screen and then finally it switches to the topic you clicked? <BR> <BR>Definitely the Twilight Zone!

Bob Brown Apr 21st, 2001 07:31 PM

Hi Joan. Do you mean the dreaded blue blob? The one that says they are "feverish". I will believe the feverish bit, or maybe even delirious. See that a lot. After trying the new system and failing, they cannot bring the old one back so that it functions reliably. I did not realize that this forum presented such an insurmountable technical challenge. But, obviously it does. When you are pioneering on the cutting edge of technological advance, there will be a few moments of frustration.

Editors Apr 23rd, 2001 07:32 AM

Dear Travel Talk Users: <BR> <BR>The error messages you saw over the weekend were caused by a server malfunction, but Fodors.com technical staff has since corrected the problem. <BR> <BR>In other news, we're still working on the Forums software, and we'll keep you apprised of our progress. <BR> <BR>Again, thanks for your patience. <BR> <BR>Best, <BR> <BR>Aisling Brennan <BR>Senior Producer <BR> <BR>Dave Downing <BR>Forums Coordinator <BR>

Leone Apr 23rd, 2001 08:08 AM

Ms.Brennan/Mr.Downing: Just an opinion, but lack of communications about your plans is an ongoing problem. Since you continue to work on the software, tell us exactly what results you're trying to achieve. What enhancements and changes do you have in mind? By simply outlining the specific changes and end results you are attempting to make, you will make the people who post at your website part of the process. Don't keep us in the dark. While you are attempting to fix the problems, you are losing our goodwill and support, and eventually that will weaken your website. Don't tell us what readers requested ... tell us what you are doing!!!!! Let us in!!!

SharonM Apr 23rd, 2001 08:26 AM

Patrick, <BR>If you'll look at the date line under your heading/post, it lists 6:26 ET. I would presume that means Eastern Time, especially as Fodors is based in New York City.