What time of the year is best for Vegas

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What time of the year is best for Vegas

Aloha,
I would like to spend a week in Vegas (just to play). I want to take my husband to the Green Valley Ranch. What is the best time of year to do this as far as hotel costs are concerned. Is there a time of year that is considered "off peak"? We dont plan on doing much just relaxing and gambling.
Mahalo,
Jeanne
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Hi Jeanne, my favorite time of year to go is in September--in fact, if you time it right, you can catch the Hoolaulea that the transplanted Hawaii people put on.
http://lvhcc.org/Hoolaulea.html

I've found that the weather is usually pretty mild in September. Clear skies, not too hot, not yet cold.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 04:31 AM

From what I've read and experienced, the 1-2 weeks before Christmas are the slowest. There are few conventions if any and once the rodeo leaves town there aren't as many regular tourists either. The hotel rates are usually good during this time. On the downside though, the weather is cooler 60's or so during the day and coolder at night, so it's not pool weather. People also say the summer is slower with fewer conventions. I haven't been there mid-week during the summer so I'm not sure. The weekends seemed as busy as other times of year.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:41 AM

Bostonguy's right. The only time they consider off-season is the middle of December. I have a friend who lives out there and he says the few days before Thanksgiving is also rather slow. I'd imagine it's at least a little warmer then too. Tho I've been in Dec. twice and been lucky enough to have temps in the 70s both times.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 09:48 AM

Where hotels are concerned, the week before Christmas (midweek) is the absolute rock-bottom cheapest. It's not unusual to find high-end hotels for less than $120 per night. Upper-end hotels can be had for less than $100 per night.

Be aware that many shows are dark during this time period due to low attendance. Showgirls need vacations too!

As far as the weather goes, October and April are my two favorite months.
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 06:42 PM

The best time of year to go really depends on what you're looking for. Mid-late Spring and early fall are great times concerning weather... If you're looking for price, then that can actually be the opposite because rooms are cheaper when it's hotter. You can keep track of general prices of rooms by checking http://www.vegas-promotions.com for the rates just to get an idea of the special offers that are floating around for the Las Vegas hotels...If you're looking just to relax and gamble, going the budget route might be your best bet... Good luck, and have fun!!
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Hands down the cheapest time we went was ON Jan. 1st-4th. Place was quiet and still recovering from the hoopla. Otherwise we often visit in summer mid-week, very reasonable. But then again, we never leave the Venetian for the terrible hot weather outside our pretend Venice.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM

Why Green Valley Ranch?... a little boring IMO. Try Venetian, Bellagio or something on the strip...Green Valley is very far from everything, including the airport and has limited things to see and experience. Lovely though...