Search

What's your poison?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's your poison?

Statia's assistant here. Statia has evidently been detained. I hope Fodorites don't mind my starting this thread.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM

Poland Spring water.

BUT, the DH is bringing home some baked ziti and a salad from the local Italian restaurant. I'm starving -- I forgot to eat today...been too busy obsessing over what to pack.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:04 PM

starrsville - well, if you're gonna do it, at least do it right. Statia always asks a probing question for us to ponder while we imbibe!

So what do you want to know?
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

I want to know where the h@%& Statis is!!!

Statia, please post here and ask your question! If you don't, I'll have to come up with something - and I'm sure it won't be good.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM

So far just water...boring, I know.

We had friends fly in last weekend and spend a few days here, then we all went to the coast together. We just got home today and now I am frantically getting DS's stuff washed so he can pack as he flies to CA early tomorrow. After he has landed safely, THEN I will have some poison
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:08 PM

I am so glad that my assistant, starsville, stepped in to start the thread tonight. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been started....really. Thanks, stars.

Just celebrated DH's (ReasonStatiasSoHappy on Fodors) birthday last night and we have our wedding anniversary this weekend, so it's a weekend of celebrations, but also work. He's on call 24/7 and I've been swamped at work, as well.

I'm enjoying a Pinot Grigio on my patio at the moment and relishing the thought of my intimate dinner with RSSH (DH) tomorrow night. That is...as long as "the girlfriend" doesn't get in the way. For those of you who have your minds in the gutter you'll have to read last week's Poison thread to get it.

So, I'll be "traveling" up The Quill (the volcano) for an intimate dinner tomorrow night. Where is everyone else traveling this weekend? Or thereafter?
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM

With a forced on me split personality I'll need lots of poison today. Not only red Australian, I think I'll imbibe from my hubby's rum bottle. Just like that
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Okay, it's lame but it just came from a TV show - so blame the lame TV show.

What would you choose to be really pampered? It could be spa-related or not.

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM

Too many questions. I confuse easily, LOL!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Disregard my ramblings. The "real" Statia is here! Yahoo!

Poison = kybourbon's PAMA mixed with Ginger Ale. If I had champagne in the house it would be a Kir Pama.

Traveling this weekend? Back to the mountains and a spin on the lake. On to the coast on Monday.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

FAINA??? FainaAgain?

FainaAgain is back...again! Yippee Yahoo!

Boy, that was a short banning! Thank you editors. We missed our Faina!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM

Ah..c'mon, STW...you don't confuse that easily.

Better question than mine Stars.

I would do what I do each time I get to the US twice a year. Collagen facial, full body massage, manicure and spa pedicure. Those are the basics and if I have more moolah left I shall indulge more. That could be food/wine related or spa related.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM

I'm feeling Continental tonight -- started with an icey cold Chimay (French), followed by a yummy angel hair pasta w/ a caper lemon sauce from our fav Italian restaurant.

Sipping a little Gewürztraminer now whilst scrolling these forums and catching up on the latest board dramas (Faina banned? What the h* is going on?)

Hey -- it's cheaper than a trip to Europe!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM
emd

Oh gosh, now we have to decide on a philopophical question and do a great intro leading up to the question like Statia does, and then moderate the thread like she does? No wonder she takes a break once in awhile. But she does do an excellent job of it and I must say I REALLY APPRECIATE it. esp. now that we have to think about doing it tonight.

Oh, and it's something Italian and red from Trader Joes. Although it should be Guiness after all I went through with that passportless Ireland-bound husband of mine this week.

We must come up with a question.

I know. I have one.

After going through my husband's passport ordeal this week, wherein he decided not to expedite his passport for his trip to Ireland and left his son and everyone else angsting over whether he'd get an uber-expedited passport at the last minute, I feel qualified to ask this question:

What is the one place that you really DON'T have any desire to travel to?

Right now, mine is Ireland. I have some kind of block on the place, I guess because my husband is going and I am just burned out and don't want to travel all the way there on a car trip for one short week. So it isn't really that I don't want to go to Ireland generally, but I am really not wanting to go on this trip to Ireland.

Gee, I am not as eloquent as Statia. I miss her!

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:18 PM
emd

and haha, the joke is on me, because while I was composing my question, she arrived!

HELLLLLOOO Statia!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:20 PM

Man, aren't we just a screwy bunch this evening!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:20 PM
emd

so now we have THRE questions going:

What would you do to be really pampered?

Where are you traveling this weekend or thereafter?

Where do you NOT want to travel?

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Because I don't want to think about passports anymore tonight I have just made some excellent Mojitos..with 151 proof Puerto Rican rum. Maybe that'll make me and my DH feel better. Added some good South Florida sour dough bread (of course, not half as good as San Fran.), with some butter and aged Brie. It's working!!!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Is this a test, emd??

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Now, I am confused.
She's here, emd. She's posted on this thread.

So, the answers are:

Q1 - Traveling to the mountains tomorrow.

Q2 - Grove Park Inn, room service, full day of spa treatments and swim and relax in the grotto pool. Rock and sip my Friday poison in front of the massive fire - if it's winter.

Q3 - Singapore. I know folks love it, but...
and I adored Ireland. Give it a chance down the road, emd.

Time for another Pama and ginger ale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -