What's Your Favorite NYC Restaurant?

Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

What's Your Favorite NYC Restaurant?

We will be in NYC for dinner on September 9th and need a table for 9.

We would like to go to somewhere very good, and pay about $100+/- per person for dinner and wine (or beer).

We like all kinds of food, but definitely want something with a great atmosphere and possibly somewhere where we might see celebrities!

Thanks in Advance!

Tango
Aug 22nd, 2006, 12:44 PM

Tango - Saturday night - weekend after Labor Day. Everyone will be back in town and places will be crowded. Best thing to do - go to www.nymetro.com - this is the website for NY Magazine a good pub. with updates on restaurants. Also try www.chowhound.com for recommendations. There are over 10,000 restaruatns in NYC and MANY that fit your requirements but you need to supply more info. i.e. Kids involved? Any location preference? Time? What kind of cuisine? What type of "scene" if you're looking for one at all!
One great choice - Babbo - don't know if they accept for 9 but it's a good start.
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:29 PM

Forget Babbo. Getting a table for 2, let alone 9, is tough enough on a Saturday night.

If they'll let you book for 9, you might try Da Silvano in the Village. I've seen many celebrities here. But, it's a place where I've rarely seen anyone bother them. The food is usually good but I think the only way you can fit 9 is if they put you at an outside table. (Even then, that might not work.)

BTW, with a group that size you will be hit with an automatic service charge of between 18% and 20%. So, your $100 limit really means about $84 per person for food and drinks.

Some other options to consider: Asia De Cuba (the sharing table), Churrascaria (sp?) Plataforma on W 49th, and Balthazar in the Soho.

Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
Ike

Tango.....your screen name interests me. My best friend is Major General "Tango" Moore of the USMC but he's in Baghdad now. Feledia is a great restaurant on the UES that will probably take your reservation for 9. River Cafe too down off Brooklyn Bridge too. You could also try Daniel or Cafe Buloud both owned by Daniel Buloud. I hope you have good luck.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Ike,

I had a hot sauce company called Tango, which unfortunately, is now dead.