Search

honolulu overnight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2003, 12:51 PM
jwo
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honolulu overnight

Due to our flight times it looks as if we will be stuck on Oahu for a night before we can catch a plane to Kauai. Our flight comes in at 5:45pm - too late to catch teh 6:30 to Lihue!

My question is - can anyone suggest a good place to stay for the first night of our honeymoon in Honolulu?
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 04:47 AM

Although I didn't stay in Waikiki while we were in Oahu (we were on the north shore), we ate in the Halekulani hotel one evening and it looks like a beautiful property. Look into it!
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 04:48 AM

I would be tempted to use carry-on luggage and try for the 6:30 flight. Suggest contacting Hawaiian/Aloha about any extra fee to reschedule in case you miss the 6:30 to LIH.
If you have checked luggage I doubt the luggage will make it to LIH with you.
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 05:45 AM
jwo
Original Poster

Unfortunately, Aloha/Hawaiian won't even book us on the flights considering our arrival time in Honolulu...and I don't think that we can pack for 10 days with just carry-on!
I think we've decided to make the most of the situation and just spend the night in Waikiki and try to see Pearl Harbor in the AM before leaving for Kauai later in the afternoon. I'm just having a hard time with the logistics of it all - what to do with luggage vs. check-out times, etc...has anyone dealt with this before?
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 05:54 AM

See if your hotel will store your luggage after you check out so you don't have to take it to with you to Pearl Harbor. Then you could just swing by on your way to the airport to get your stuff.
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 06:00 AM

I think going to Pearl Harbor is a great way to make the most of your situation. Here is website with Park schedule:http://www.nps.gov/usar/pphtml/basics.html
Get to Pearl Harbor park as early as possible.
I am not sure what your luggage question is about, in my experience most hotels will hold your luggage in a secure area baggage check area after checkout until you depart. If you stay at a hotel with its own shuttle or one that can arrange a shuttle pick up, you should be all set.
Your other option is to rent a car with a trunk large enough for your suitcases and travel with it.
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 07:05 AM

jwo --

just topped another thread from couple weeks ago, asking same question. lots of responses.