Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What's the best web site to find hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting very frustrated with trying to cut to the chase to find hotel rooms in Ormond Beach, Florida. If I'm trying to find info on a particular city, I don't want hotels within a 50-mile radius. Or I have to check a million boxes and a site comes up with two choices (really, only two hotels in Ormond Beach?) And I'd like a web site that specializes in Florida. Any suggestions?

P.S. I don't want anything like hotwire or priceline; I need to make sure I get an oceanfront room.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 05:39 AM

Try ormondchamber,Expedia,roomsavers.

My favorite hotels in Ormond are Coral Sands, Grand Floridian and The Cove.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! I'll check on your information. I'm desperately in need of some spontaneous sun
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Jed

I just went to Travelocity, typed in Ormond Beach, FL, then specified hotels within 3 miles. Seven (7) hotels were listed in OB. If that is too much to do, you may need a travel agent.

Sounds to me that you really need a vacation.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 08:19 AM

If you do an Expedia search it gives you too much to go through, but there is a drop-down menu where you can pick a town and get rid of the rest.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 08:54 AM

how about Orbitz....or quickbook....travel johnnyjet.com
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:05 AM

Swan51, you should definatly check into Orbitz. Recently their hotel service seems to have really improved, I have found some really great deals there. It is really easy, and you can search from specific areas within cities, not just the city itself.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 01:28 PM

I work for a small -- but busy -- office and travel to Florida quite a bit for work. Because we are short-staffed (now that's a story for another time!) I usually make my own travel plans, i.e. hotels, car rentals, etc. I've been doing this for a long time and have tried many differnt sites out there, and I have to agree with the previous post that Orbitz is the best place to shop for everything -- especially in Florida. Their hotel search is great -- shows you a lot of different options every time. You should give Orbitz a try...Good luck with your travel plans!
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 11:06 AM

let me echo what gwyneth had to say. I have to travel for business constantly. I am frequently in florida (but travel to every where in north america) and i always make my own travel plans. I have gotten so that I use Orbitz almost exclusively to make all my reservations. It is super convienent, and always saves me money. Swan, have fun at Ormond Beach, i hear it is beautiful!