Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What's between Hershey and sesame place?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anywhere to stay that is between hershey and sesame place? We are going with 4 adults and 2 kids ages 3 and 5. A suite hotel or vacation rental but where?
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Hershey PA is only a 2 hour drive from Langhorne, PA. Could you be more specific?
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM

Nope, nowhere to stay...

But seriously, what kind of place are you looking for? Are you looking for just a place to crash or something else? As Khiori said it isn't a long drive and there are hotels right near Sesame Place.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

We are looking to spend a week in PA. I need something that is 3 bedrooms and has a kitchen. We are thinking about doing Sesame Place, maybe Hershey Park, Crayola. I would like to find one place to stay, but my kids are still young and the 3 yr old still naps. So I'm trying to find something centrally located.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 06:16 PM

Hope you find a place, pcarter, but what I really wanted to tell you is that my older two children visited Sesame Place twice when we lived in New York and still recall it as the best park they've ever visited, including all the Disney parks in Orlando. Have fun!
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:03 PM
LG2

Check marriott.com for Residence Inn. There are several in the area. Some have 2 BR plus sofabed in livingroom plus full kitchen.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Are there any good resorts in the area?
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 05:30 AM

Not exactly central to your itinerary, but check out the Great Wolf Lodge in NE PA

http://www.greatwolflodge.com/Locati...nos/index.aspx
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM

There are some places, not resorts out in King of Prussia...this is by Valley Forge...I don't know how agreeable your children are to historic stuff and parks, but it is nice. King of Prussia also is a huge mall with a lot of good restaurants (i.e. Cheesecake Factory, Maggianos). It is right off of the turnpike at exit 326 (about 45 minutes west of Sesame Place). If you are looking for stuff to do in Langhorne, Bucks County is great in general...its where I grew up so I have a soft spot for it...
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
granniem

Several years ago we took the grand kids to Crayola. We were bored out of our minds. You do not tour the factory/ there is some kind of boat ride but it was raining so we did not go on that. Check into it before you book and try to get some other peoples outlook.

But we loved Hershey and going back next year.

Old May 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM
mma

Just to echo granniem, we were very disappointed with Crayola. It's more like arts and crafts time - however your kids might like it. I was hoping to see how crayons were made. The boat ride is not right there but a shuttle takes you between the park where the boat ride is and the "factory". I would skip it, personally. We all LOVED Sesame Place and Hershey park. Lots to do at both places for your aged children. Have fun!
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:55 AM

You could base in Doylestown and get to both Langhorne and Hershey easily.

A beautiful, historic town completely walkable: parks, museums, restaurants, shopping. Most of the town is around 150 years old, but the architecture includes good examples of everything from Colonial and Victorian through Modern. Sidewalk cafes abound.

Of the 2 museums in town, the Mercer is best for kids. If they get bored in the Michner though, it’s nicely surrounded by parkland they can run around on.

Information on lodging, restaurants, etc. can be found on the link below.
http://doylestownborough.net/index_html/Main.htm

David Hanaeur has some nice photographs to give you a better idea.
http://www.davidhanauer.com/buckscounty/doylestown/

The Hampton Inn is just outside Doylestown, and the Best Western Inn New Hope is also good location to explore the area from.

You would also enjoy a day in New Hope.