Reload this Page >

What's a "non-rever?"

Search

What's a "non-rever?"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Inthe

What's a "non-rever?"

I asked this question on the thread about First class bathrooms yesterday, and now can't find the thread. Another casualty of the censors I guess.

Anyway, what is a "non rev" flier? I heard the term mentioned on that thread several times and still don't know what it is. Can anyone explain?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Steph

A person who works for an airline, travel industry or anything related that gets to fly for a nominal fee, usually standby- i.e.-they generate no revenue for the airline

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:32 AM
x

Unless you are an airline employee, there is a cost involved. It is usually 10% of the last minute full priced fare.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:34 AM
MaryJo

Non rev can get expensive especially when you aren't guarenteed a seat. My brother is a pilot and I can fly non revenue but will not do it. It isn't worth it.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Inthe

Thanks!

I actually flew this way once. A pilot friend let us have his extra tickets, we flew $250 non-stop to Milan from NY on TWA. It was most DEFINITELY worth it!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:51 AM
MaryJo

I agree, non rev travel is a steal for trans Atlantic flights. Especially since you can upgrade to First Class so cheaply. We flew from Charlotte, North Carolina to London round trip, first class for $360. I think the first class upgrades were $75 each way based on availability.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Inthe

Forgot to mention that the $250 was for roundtrip, and this was in summer too!