Reload this Page >

What is there to do in Ft. Lauderdale?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:18 AM
Wyn

I'm headed to Ft. Lauderdale in mid-October to meet up with some friends. They will be there for 4 days. We've got a timeshare so our place is set and we don't have to pay for it. My question is is there enough to do in Ft. Lauderdale for 4 days?

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:31 AM
Chris

I would suggest the beach, of course. Great shopping and nightlife up and down the coastline in Ft Lauderale. Miami is less than 20 miles away.....lots of things to do....some of my favorites are 1) Vizcaya...THE house tour..beautiful grounds, beautiful house...beautiful views 2) Everglades...use the Tanami trail entrance which is both closer to Ft Lauderdale and less congested. 3) Its a 2 hour drive down to the start of the Keys...you wont make it far into them...but Key Largo is pretty fun...John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo is very nice. Biscayne Natiional Park is also down that way...4) Just touring arounf the Miami area with an emphasis on SOuth Beach is very fun

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:41 AM
Wyn

I should be more specific. There will be about six of us, aged 26-28, and we will be more interested in meeting women, going to trendy bars, etc. as opposed to taking tours of gardens.

Definitely want to hit South Beach, but is it only 20 minutes away?

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Dani

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 years, late 20's myself. Downtown Ft. Lauderdale has some great bars. Try the Poorhouse, and the bars in that area. You also will want to go to Beach Place. It is on a strip of beach with lots of bars, check out the Elbo Room. For touristy stuff, you really should go to the Everglades, Billy's Swamp Boat Tours is worth it.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 02:19 AM
sharon

Sounds like you are staying at the Marriott Beach Place resort which is great and you will find most of the action right out your door. The Beach Place condos are stacked over the Beach Place mall with its bars and beach across the street. I would drive down to South Beach also, but don't bother to hang around there until about 11 p.m. because nothing starts until about then and you will definitely need a designated driver to get back to Fort Lauderdale. Miami Beach is startlingly close to Fort Lauderdale distance wise but the traffic can be awful and sort of nuts. You will have a great time.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 02:23 AM
sharon

more thoughts: how about going on a fishing charter and go deep sea fishing. There is a huge marina with lots of charters just down A1A which is the beachfront drive in downtown Fort Lauderdale.