Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What is the number one rich/beautiful person destination in the USA?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Mari

I am tired of going to redneck poor people vacation destinations. I am tired of tattos, potbellies, people who look 10 years older than they really are.

I want to visit a place where money is no object, people look like a million dollars, service is top notch and there is a feeling of being an elite everywhere.

I am not interested in a particular hotel, but the vaction destination for the elite beautiful person.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Mark

Hilton Head and Palm Beach and certain places in Maui.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:50 AM
don't

Hilton Head? Surely you jest.

I'd tell you Mari, but if you don't already know you don't belong there. Trust me, you wouldn't be comfortable in such locales. NOCD.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Not

Mark - Hilton Head - are you kidding? There's nothing elite about it. Nice place, but certainly not elite (except in contrats to Myrtle Beacn maybe).

Mari - I realize this is a troll post, but could be fun. If you REALLY were rich, you would know where the elite hang out and wouldn't have to ask lowly Fodorites...and even if they knew, why would they want to share their secrets with the newly rich social climbers...

My own observation - almost anywhere you travel that is frequented by Americans will have its share of tattoos, potbellies etc.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:14 AM
topper

Why do you ask, Mari? Are you looking to get a chambermaid job there? Or maybe raking the beachfront sand in the early am? You sound redneck-poor, and self-hating. Try therapy at your trailer park, er- manufactured housing estates.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Duh

um, yeah people. We've seen ALMOST this exact trolling before.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Carol

South Beach (Miami Beach) .... Incredibly good looking people with buff bodies everywhere you look (and dressed to show it all off)! Not for those with any self-esteem issues, but a great place to visit to take it all in and enjoy the scene.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Spider

I know the place you're looking for, but I'm not going to tell you.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Mari

Excuse me for my terrible spelling on the orginal post, but my question still stands.

I am not a beautiful person, rich, etc., but I just want to once travel to a place with beautiful rich people. Just like people want to travel to a place with beautiful people, man made buildings, beautiful landscaping, culture and class.

Help me find it!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:40 AM
the boss

Hmm, let's see

Nantucket
The Hamptons

both come to mind. Especially the Hamptons. It's nuts out there.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:00 AM
alexander

The Hamptons on any weekend of the Summer. If you want to hang with the rich and powerful, just avoid Hampton Bays. From Southampton to Montauk.

Also, on the right weekend, like a major championship fight, Vegas.

You could also visit Carmel/Pebble Beach the weekend of the PGA/Pro-Am tournement.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Bob Sacamaon

Vero Beach, FL

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Rich&Beautiful

Gary, Indiana

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:21 AM
xxx

Gatlinburg TN

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:31 AM
pedro

South of the Border

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:34 AM
lisa

I wanna plaaaay.... I'd go to Bora Bora, Tahiti and stay at one of those lovely bungalows right over the water. Clear Blue water, white sands, the sound of waves gently hitting the docks, a cool breeze coming thru the windows, sipping on a nice cold drink... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:34 AM
this

Naperville, Illinois.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Lar

In most cases being wealthy equals beauty. Beauty and money+ the most expensive town in America= Beverly Hills.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Dave

The #1 destination for rich& beautiful people in the US?

The Betty Ford Clinic, of course!!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Bob

Clinton, Iowa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -