Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   What is the name of that Pasadena restaurant? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/what-is-the-name-of-that-pasadena-restaurant-763045/)

als0107 Jan 22nd, 2009 06:48 PM

What is the name of that Pasadena restaurant?

My mom is staying at the Courtyard in Pasadena tonight and tomorrow and I was trying to tell her about two restaurants she should go to but have a total blank about the names.

One is on Colorado a couple of doors down from the Pottery Barn...has good salads.

The other is on Holly and is in that old church building, nice courtyard and has jazz on weekend nights.

Anyone have any ideas? Why am I drawing a total blank?

easytraveler Jan 22nd, 2009 09:04 PM

I can't be of much help, but for what it's worth, this is what I can remember:

On one corner is the Cheesecake Factory. (There are so many restaurants in those few blocks!) If you continue on down the street from the Pottery Barn, there's Hooters (but i can't imagine you wanting to send your Mom to Hooters!)

Across the street from The Cheesecake Factory and going down the street in the opposite direction are Il Fornaio and the Gaucho Grill.

There are also a couple of smaller restaurants in that immediate vicinity that I've been to, but really can't remember their names.

Hope some local sees this post and can give you more definite information!

ltr Jan 22nd, 2009 09:22 PM

Are you thinking of Russell's for salads? I love their breakfast but have not been there for lunch or dinner so I am not sure if they have good salads or not. Their address is 30 N Fair Oaks.

My favorite "salad" restaurant is Green Street Restaurant, but it is about 2 miles from where she is staying.

Holly Street Bar and Grill is at 175 E Holly Street, or was....It is now called Eden Garden. It was an old mortuary. I have not been there since the change of names and owners.

Hope this helps.

als0107 Jan 23rd, 2009 08:18 AM

Thanks for your replies. Yes, Holly Street Bar and Grill (I knew the street name but couldn't make this connection, duh!) And yes now that you mention it I do remember it was a mortuary. Used to do yoga in the building...interesting ambiance. So sad it has changed owners...liked this place.

The other place I am thinking of is actually on Colorado not Fair Oaks. I think it was Mi Piace.

Thanks for your help!

Guenmai Jan 23rd, 2009 02:42 PM

I'm from Pasadena and it's probably, Mi Piace. And yes, the other place is in the old mortuary building. I could never bring myself to eat there. Happy Travels!

Jean Oct 25th, 2009 03:22 PM

Bringing up this older thread to comment on the Holly Street Bar & Grill (now Eden's Garden)...

Holly St. B&G was a long-time favorite of my mom's, so I took her to lunch there for her birthday a couple of weeks ago. Service was good, but food was marginal and the outdoor patio has been Persianized with too much seating, multiple hokey water fountains, twinkle lights and bushels of fake plants and flowers. The tables had number cards on tall wire holders, as if we'd wandered into someone's reception. Such a shame they've ruined a pretty outdoor space. We won't be back.