Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   What is the Fodorite Lounge? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/what-is-the-fodorite-lounge-654651/)

Heavens Oct 23rd, 2006 06:20 PM

What is the Fodorite Lounge?

I just looked for my post, the one about underage drinking in TX and it was moved to the Fodorite Lounge. What is that??? Guess I have been away for a while...

Budman Oct 23rd, 2006 06:21 PM

It's a new Forum set up for those lounge lizards who just want to chit-chat. :-) ((b))

starrsville Oct 23rd, 2006 06:26 PM

It used to be "Other topics". Editors moved some threads and created a new place to hang out.

matnikstym Oct 23rd, 2006 06:28 PM

nice place to talk about things that may not be travel related and therefore no scoldings for posting non travel threads. it used to be called "other topics".

Heavens Oct 23rd, 2006 08:02 PM

So the moderaters can move certain posts to this place? The thread started in US, since it was a question about TX liquor laws, while in TX, visiting from CA...

Thanks for your help and replies.

Heavens Oct 23rd, 2006 08:04 PM

It sounds like a boneyard?

starrsville Oct 23rd, 2006 08:07 PM

No, the boneyard seems to be the US forum since the Fodorite Lounge opened.

Suzie Oct 23rd, 2006 10:22 PM

stars, LOL =D> :))

Dukey Oct 24th, 2006 12:45 AM

Some of the what might be called "Please, I'm important, too" posts seem to have ended up there as well.

gail Oct 24th, 2006 02:00 AM

The really fun and non-travel related posts that had others complaining end up there. I suspect there are very few men who post there, but probably some closet readers.

BayouGal Oct 24th, 2006 05:03 AM

Only the really cool, hip men seem to be posting there. I would list names, but you know who you are. ;-)

Heavens Oct 24th, 2006 06:31 AM

No hip women?

US is the boneyard. That is funny, Starrs.

Well, do the mods just switch things to that forum when they want to?

So is the lounge for all those recipe threads???

suze Oct 24th, 2006 06:53 AM

<<Well, do the mods just switch things to that forum when they want to?>>

Yes, it's a new thing, but yes they apparently do.

suze Oct 24th, 2006 06:54 AM

I'm not certain if their motive is to get more readership on the old "Other Topics" board or to clean up (in their opinion) off-topic posts from Europe and U.S. boards.

BayouGal Oct 24th, 2006 06:59 AM

Goodness, no, Heavens. ALL the women in the lounge are hip! I was referring to Gail's post, just above mine. :)

Yes, there are some fabulous recipe threads there. I seem to recall a request for a recipe from you on one of those threads.

nevermind Oct 24th, 2006 09:07 AM

I wondered why I was only finding travel related posts here... Now I know! I love the change. Now there is a place for everyone. Thank you, Fodor's, for a clever solution.

dwooddon Oct 24th, 2006 09:32 AM

BayouGal: I post there but it's been a very, very long time since anyone has accused me of being either cool or hip. thnak you, my dear.

SAnParis Oct 24th, 2006 09:37 AM

A place where people can talk about things that are unrelated to travel. You know important things like fashion, packing, hair styles, etc.

BayouGal Oct 24th, 2006 09:38 AM

You are welcome, Don!

Besides, anyone that offers the great travel advice you do is definitely both cool and hip!:)

suze Oct 24th, 2006 11:17 AM

Sometimes getting moved involuntarily to the "Lounge" is only a step on the way to deletion!