Reload this Page >

Whalers Cover or Poipu Shores in Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Val

We got a terrific rate at Whalers Cove but are concerned that we're a bit far from the beaches. Poipu Shores seems closer to the beaches, but doesn't have a heated pool for the winter months. Any advice?

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 01:41 PM
freewoman

Poipu has much nicer weather in the winter months and the beach is better there.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Suzie

Stayed at Whalers Cove in September. It's a beautiful place. We took an ice chest with us to Kauai so we could take cool drinks both to the pool and to the beach. The pool at Whalers cove is very nice and it is practically in the ocean though it is rocky there. There are stairs that take you to the water so that you can snorkle right there if you like.
I didn't think anything in Poipu was far from anything. We had a convertable though so driving in the car was very nice.

I would chose Whalers Cove again in a second. The condo can not be closer to the water. It was very quiet. Th master bedroom and the living room both have glass door out to a huge lanai. It's big enough to have a table and 4 chairs outside the living room and then lounge chairs outside the master bedroom and there is plenty of space for standing around. If you went through Suite Paradise they told us that all their condos are all on the second floor. I felt very safe leaving our door open all night being on the second floor.

While there I noticed that Poipu Shores is located down by the Embassy Suites tiemshares. Similar shoreline to that at Whalers cove.

If you need any more info let me know.
Have a good time!

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 03:55 PM
curious

Can I ask how you were able to get a terrific rate at Whaler's Cove and approximately how much that great rate is.
Thanks much.
PS. I second the recommendation for Whaler's Cove-their heated pool is wonderful in the winter months.

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 09:32 AM
topper

ttt. #92 is no place for this post

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 12:07 PM
val

I got the great rate by calling the property directly and bargaining. Thanks for the info and feedback