Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 2 Sjc Car Rental
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 6 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 7 Trip to Cali
- 8 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 9 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 10 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 11 4 days in San Diego
- 12 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 13 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 14 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 15 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 16 NY theater district restaurant
- 17 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 18 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 19 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 20 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 21 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 22 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 23 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 24 Big Sur weather in early December
- 25 PAC coast highway Oregon