I am travelling from Sydney to the west coast in May 2014 with my husband and some friends for my husbands 40th.
We fly into and out of LA with 12 days on the ground.
We want to go up the coast road towards Big Sur, Monterey, head into Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Napa, San Fran and fly back to LA. Too much?? We are all pretty active and want to be able to relax and not be in the car too much. I'd love to hike and swim as much as we can. I really want to do a mix of accommodation levels, average and splurge here and there along the way. Any stand out places we need to stay at or things we just can't miss out on. I've done LA before and not really fussed about hanging there I'd rather get straight on the road.
Looking forward on your tips on planning our trip.
many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthcarenorge.com/votofel-force/
- 2 HP PRINTER 18OO:681 : 72O8 CONTACTHP Techh care
- 3 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 4 Best Employee Hours Tracker Software at Nominal Cost
- 5 Advice on Gateway2Morocco
- 6 I need help
- 7 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 8 10 day California Trip in July
- 9 Travel Shenanigans
- 10 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 11 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 12 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 13 Newport Beach restaurants
- 14 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 15 4 days in Miami
- 16 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 17 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 18 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 19 A Few days in Museums
- 20 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 21 travelling from Miami to New York
- 22 Las Vegas TR
- 23 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 24 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas