Notices

Wellington Hotel (recent visitor?)

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:21 AM
lisa

Wellington Hotel (recent visitor?)

Has anyone recently stayed at the Wellington? My family is spending Thanksgiving week there. Any suggestions/comments about the rooms,service, or experience? THANKS.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:30 AM
SEH

Hi Lisa, I have stayed at the Wellington several times. The location is great - very convenient to 5th Ave stores, Central Park, Lincoln Center, and we walked to the theaters and Radio City. There is a coffee shop downstairs that is great for a quick bite in the morning, and there are several other restaurants nearby. This is not a posh, luxury property, but we always found the staff to be friendly, and our rooms (including bath) was VERY clean.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Barbara

Lisa, I would ditto SEH. We stay at the Wellington every year. No, it is not luxurious, but it is clean and convenient. We have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous. The location is perfect for us---we walk to Central Park or to the theater district. I am sure you will be satisfied.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Barbara

Lisa, I would ditto SEH. We stay at the Wellington every year. No, it is not luxurious, but it is clean and convenient. We have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous. The location is perfect for us---we walk to Central Park or to the theater district. I am sure you will be satisfied.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Barbara

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:13 AM
kal

lisa, While not a recent guest, we visited approx. 4yrs ago, we found the hotel to be exactly what we were looking for. As mentioned above, great location, clean and suprisingly quiet!
Plus, it was right across the street from Carnegie Deli! While I know it's lost some of it's luster, I've always wanted to have the pastrami sandwich there! (I feel like I should be on the country bumpkin-NYC thread?).
Good luck,
Kal

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Barbara

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Barbara

Just want to let you all know that I am not posting, posting and re-posting my reply. I don't know what is happening--everytime I look up, my reply is on there again! I do like the Wellington, but not enough to repeat, repeat, repeat my answer!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Barbara

Just want to let you all know that I am not posting, posting and re-posting my reply. I don't know what is happening--everytime I look up, my reply is on there again! I do like the Wellington, but not enough to repeat, repeat, repeat my answer!