Reload this Page >

Weekend at Balitmore's Inner Harbor

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:25 AM
rj

I am planning a weekend getaway with my boyfriend in mid-April. Any suggestions for restuarants, activities, or comments on the Hyatt Regency would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 12:34 PM
Jill

Hi! We just went to Baltimore for a small family get-together in mid-February. It was bitter cold, being on the water, but is a beautiful place. We have stayed at both the Hyatt and Renaissance and the prices were about the same (watch for weekend specials on their websites). I like the Renaissance better as it is even closer to the attractions and a bit nicer than the Hyatt. For activities don't miss the Aquarium and take the water taxi to Fort McHenry (may be closed if too cold) and Fells Point. A lot of nice restuarants right there BUT the waiting lines for lunch and dinner were awful. When we called Hard Rock, ESPN Zone and Cheesecake Factory (all a few steps from hotel), they tell you 1-2 hours + for a table and they don't take reservations. So try the less known places and you should be fine. We have been told not to walk far (1-2 blocks) from Inner Harbor at night as there have been a number of muggings, but we didn't experience any problems. There were a lot of police around though! Have a fun trip!

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 01:48 PM
Henry

I'm assuming you wouldn't want to go to those overrated chain restaurants with less than average food, so head on over to Fell's Point. Lots of good restaurants and bars, and a great atmosphere.

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 01:52 PM
lisa

Even if you hate baseball (which I do). the tours of Camden Yards are excellent. Almost makes you want to got to a game there,but only if you get a box.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 05:39 AM
J Brown-Edwards

Best Restaurant in Baltimore is Charlstons...on the weekend you need reservations...but it beats most meals at the best places in New York. Check out their website www.charlestonrestaurant.com
For more casual Federal Hill - Corks Restaurant and little Italy La Tavola (Tuscan) beats the Harbor Chain Restaurants Hnads down! ENJOY!