Reload this Page >

Wedding night in Chicago...which hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 02:30 PM
Liz

My fiance and I are having our wedding in Chicago in early June, and need to decide on a hotel for our wedding night. We'll actually be there three days.

So, what would you choose, and why? Anywhere downtown is fine by us. As for cost, we're going to be pretty flexible about this, but are hoping for something under 300-350/night.

By the way, is there anything in particular I should know about making reservations for a wedding night--any tips, suggestions? (Okay, I confess, I'm thinking of possible free stuff!)

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 03:53 PM
Laurie

Liz, your best choices would probably be the Ritz or Four Seasons if you want something really special. There is also the new Peninsula Hotel. Maybe you can get a good deal since it is new. I stayed at Le Merdien this fall and thought that was also nice. Not sure where to get the best freebies but never hurts to mention it is your wedding night even if you just get a room upgrade. Good luck.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 04:09 PM
Walter

The rooms at the Peninsula are my favorites in Chicago. The Ritz is in need of renovation IMO and showing its age. The Four Seasons is next best in town.
Finding rates under $350 can be a challenge, though.
Best wishes!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Shasson

Certainly as the other posters mentioned, the Four Seasons and Peninsula in particular are incredible, world-class hotels. Although I haven't stayed in them, I've attended functions, which attested to their elegance. However, depending on your age, you might prefer something *younger*.... At the same price point as a standard room in one of those incredible hotels, you might consider inquiring about a suite at the Hotel W Lakeshore (not W City Center) or Hotel Monaco or House of Blues Hotel. These are all much hipper than Four Seasons or The Peninsula, and really quite good, but not in the rarefied air of the other two. Just a thought....

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 02:36 PM
pj

Hotel Monaco
Burnham Hotel
Talbott hotel
all under 350 all are excellent!!!!