Reload this Page >

weather in Lake Tahoe in Sept???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:32 PM
Joci

Hi, to any of you out there who visited Lake Tahoe in the middle of September how was the weather? What clothes would be worn-summer, fall, etc? Thanks for your input.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:31 PM
Joe

Day time temps anywhere from 70s to 80s but nights can get quite cool--
30s -40s. This is true as the month progresses. Altitude is 5,000 ft. plus over the summit toward Carson City is 7,2000 ft. Occass. a few snow flakes early Oct.at this level.
Hope this helps....

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:45 PM
pat

I live in Reno and sept is the perfect time for Tahoe! it is pleasant during the day and cool at night. No crowds either.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 03:45 AM
ramjet

Spent my honeymoon in Vegas and Tahoe in September. Weather was fantastic and drove around with no traffic whatsoever. Great time to really "see" Tahoe and surrounding area.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 09:10 AM
traveler

How about Lake Tahoe towards the end of October? Think there will be snow on the roads?? Was going to take a ride to Lake Tahoe from Reno. Thanks!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Been there

Joci and Traveler,

Weather in the Sierra Nevada Mountains is "unpredicable" to say the least. We have been snowed out in August!!!!

The weather services have trouble predicting the weather for today, much less later in the month or at the end of October. Might as well try the local swami.

You go and take your chances. That said, "usually" Tahoe is fine in September. October is a coin flip. The nice thing about October in the Sierras is the changing of the leaves. It's not East Coast, but pretty good for California.

Been there

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 02:56 PM
traveler

Thank you "Been There". LOL -- Now I'm scared! No, actually, if it's bad towards the end of October we just won't go. If that happens though, we'll be very disappointed.