Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

We would like to be near the shopping and so we can walk in town at night. Not sure from Tripadvisor where things are. We would like something inexpensive. I saw some listings ...Hampton Inn but that's a mile away.

We would like to be near the shopping and so we can walk in town at night. Not sure from Tripadvisor where things are. We would like something inexpensive. I saw some listings ...Hampton Inn but that's a mile away.

Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

We would like to be near the shopping and so we can walk in town at night. Not sure from Tripadvisor where things are. We would like something inexpensive. I saw some listings ...Hampton Inn but that's a mile away.Econolodge but not sure where it is and a few others that got awful reviews on trip advisor.

Not sure of the others. In Camden I see there is a Towne Motel which is in town. Any comments. Saving our bucks for France in September..

Thanks
Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

ooops. Sorry this is so big. I copied it from the airline area. I had posted it in the wrong place.
Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM

When I travel to Camden I usually stay in downtown Philadelphia - better restaurants, safer feeling etc.

Not sure I want to be walking around town at night - kind of scary in my mind.

What's with the header, btw?
Apr 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

I meant Camden Maine...!! LOL I don't know why the header got so big. I copied it from another post which I did in the wrong area and it turned out like that..very embarrassing!
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:20 PM

i don't think there's anything that's right in downtown Freeport that is "inexpensive". You might try the Kendall Tavern Bed and Breakfast.

Hampton inn, Comfort Suites, Econolodge and Super 8 are all just fine and are close to town, a short drive then you can park on a side street and walk in town.

In Camden we enjoyed CedarCrestMotel.com...it is walkable to downtown/shops but we are good walkers. It is probably half a mile or a little more. You might want to drive part of the way if you stay here. Towne Motel looked fine from the outside and is AAA approved.
Apr 24th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info. The Hampton Inn they say is a mile out of town..too far to walk. Re the Econolodge..I may try that..
Apr 24th, 2005, 12:07 PM

Are we talking about Camden or Freeport? These are two different towns, and no chain hotels in Camden.