Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Waikiki - our hotel has no restaurant - breakfast recommendations???

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Carol

Aloha:

We'll be staying at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for 7 days in June because we got a great rate. They've just undergone a renovation but don't yet have a restaurant in the hotel.

Can anyone recommend breakfast places near the hotel - 2570 Kalakaua, towards Diamond Head and near the zoo.

I need my morning coffee fix!!

Thanks!
Carol

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:01 PM
x

Cheeseburger in Paradise is 2500 Kalakaua and opens at 8:00 am. Denny's at 2586, Dukes open for breakfast located at the Outrigger 2335, Shogun 2490, did your hotel suggest a nearby breakfast restaurant while they remodel?

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Carol

Thanks for the recommendations.

I'm sure the hotel will recommend breakfast places, but I always like personal recommendations. We like things that are not the typical tourist traps and are adventurous eaters.

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Sue

Carol, I'm not sure how close this is to you, but the Prince Kuhio hotel serves two kinds of breakfast food at its breakfast buffet - a standard American type, and Japanese. (You can pay separately, independently of room, or you could when I was there.) So you can get both your coffee fix, and maybe be a bit adventurous at the same time.

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:50 PM
celina

I am also staying there in June, but part of our package included breakfast at Perry Porgy's ( or something like that??) Anyone has any idea if this is good or should we also look for other places and skip the free breakfast!

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:55 PM
kristen

My daughter and I just stayted there last month. The breakfast thing was sorted out by the fact that there is a Starbucks around the corner and most days we would just have lattes or hot chocolate and croissants. We also walked 15 minutes to Duke's Canoe Club on Kalakaua where they have a great breakfast buffet every morning. I think it was about $16 for the two of us. Cheeseburger in Paradise has good blueberry pancakes.
If you have any other questions about the hotel or area around it just ask.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:48 PM
aa

If you're there on June 9th don't miss Brunch on the Beach, a monthly event in which they shut down a portion of Kalakaua Ave (fronting the Hyatt) and set up food booths and tables. Many of the finer restaurants in Honolulu are represented, with small plates of food for around $4.

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Carol

Thanks all for the great recommendations! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Carol

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:20 PM
patg

The outdoor restaurant at the New Otani Kamaina Hotel.