I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yahoo-password-recovery-CONTACT-☎-1877-255-1244-AOL-Tec*h-24-7
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 4 NY theater district restaurant
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 Trip to Cali
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 9 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 10 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 11 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 12 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 13 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 14 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 15 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 16 Big Sur weather in early December
- 17 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 18 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 19 Our next summer trip
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 22 Dulles to BWI
- 23 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 24 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 25 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation