Wash. DC Parking-Hall of States?

May 23rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Wash. DC Parking-Hall of States?

I've read a couple of posts on here that mention that public parking is available at the Hall of States. Can someone give me some more detailed information on where this is? Is it a parking garage? What street is it on? We're staying at the Phoenix Park Hotel and are looking to avoid the $30 parking fee.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Jennie
May 24th, 2007, 07:32 AM

This sounds very unlikely to me, I must say. But the Hall of States Building is on North Capitol just a few blocks from your hotel. You might look up the phone number for your state office located there and ask them.
May 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of this, but after doing a search on some other information related to our hotel, I noticed several posts referencing this parking option. The only problem is that they're all sort of vague about where it is.

Anyway, thanks again for responding.

J
May 24th, 2007, 07:48 PM

I am puzzled by this thread. The only Hall of States in DC I know of is in the Kennedy Center. There is parking there for $15 for performances. If you just go to buy tickets during the day, you can have your parking ticket receipt stamped and get your money back.
May 25th, 2007, 05:04 AM

The Hall of States Building is right near Union Station. It houses the state offices; each state has an office in DC. There are other offices there are well.
May 25th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks for enlightening me Ruff. I can tell you that parking at Union Station is $18 a day.
May 26th, 2007, 05:40 AM

Jennie, FauxSteMarie makes a good point. You could park at Union Station. Once you drop off the bags at the Phoenix, you could park and then walk back to the hotel.
May 29th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so very much for your responses! I appreciate the advice.

Jennie
May 29th, 2007, 07:24 PM

i park at hall of states all the time when in dc my meetings are in that bldg. even when i stay in the dupont circle area i leave my car at the hall of states (also the cspan bldg)

i believe the enterance is on E st. (it could be F st) it's the street that is a right hand turn off of north capitol as you approach union station.)

it's a lot cheaper than most hotel parking. i've never had problems. it is a parking garage. there are many reserved spaces for news services so don't park in those spaces with a reserve sign hanging above these spaces.

the elevators put you in the hall of state lobby. exit the bldg and you can see union station at about 11 o'clock less than 5 minute walk.