Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Was wondering if anyone knew if you get upgraded at the Hilton in NY...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 03:50 PM
goingtoNY

I am a HH gold member and they say if they have availability and an executive level they will upgrade you to that floor. I'm just curious if it ever really happens. Is there anything I can do to better my chance of getting an upgrade to their executive level? I booked a "bounceback" weekend! Thank you!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:40 PM
David

The hotel caters to conventions and large groups. Upgrades although rare in my experience do happen. Perhaps you can try the vegas trick of tucking a 20 under your CC at check-in.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:10 PM
xxx

I operate under the assumption that it "never hurts to ask". Be polite, ask nicely, and you just might get that upgrade, if there are any available. Good luck - and let us know how it works out!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:42 AM
Val

In fact, I did not even have to ask. I made a reservation by phone (the 800 number). This was mid-August for a 2 night stay mid-week, gave them my gold card information and when I arrived at the hotel I was given a room on the exec level and access to the lounge on the top floor etc - impressive! And at a good rate too - 180.00 per night plus tax. Great room, great view, great rate - and did'nt even have to ask!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:00 AM
goingtoNY

OOOOh, so there is a chance! I did call the Hilton directly and asked if one is upgraded if they were a gold HH member. She said she could note on the reservation that I have rewuested an upgrade. I said "Oh, okay!" So, I'm hoping. I was there last October and they said the Ex lounge was closed. I think it was do to Sept. 11th. So this time I'd really like to check it out! Thanks for the opinions.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:26 AM
HHmember

I stayed there recently at a great discounted rate and was still upgraded to the ex level. Ask for it when you arrive. good luck

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Val

GoingtoNY:
The Ex lounge at the NY Hilton has gorgeous views - being some 40 something floors up - but other than that it is like a typical exec lounge in any decent hotel. We had afternoon tea there which was very good and breakfast the following morning (standard continental fare). The view more than anything else is really what makes it in my opinion.