Want to take a cruise New Years Eve 99

Nov 5th, 1997, 01:26 PM
yvonne

Want to take a cruise New Years Eve 99

Does anyone know if it's too early to start planning for a cruise at that time? I know NYC is booked already! Also, any suggestions on which cruise lines are better and of course where to go? Thanks!!!

Nov 5th, 1997, 03:03 PM
Maryann Durmer

I took my first cruise last spring to the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean. The cruise line is fantastic. I went on the Majesty of the Seas on a Western Caribbean. Several of my friends have just sailed on one of the newest ships of Royal Caribbean, Grandeur of the Seas. This is an eastern caribbean cruise. It all depends on where you want to go. I have a friend who did a 10 day Panama Canal trip and just loved it. I have a copy of the 10 best cruise lines voted on by subscribers of a travel magazine and the best one is Crystal Cruises. I don't think it's ever too early to book because in the beginning you get better upgrades and specials. When you book closer to the end of the cruise time period, you get some good deals, but th cabin might be in a bad location. Once you cruise, you become addicted. It's wonderful and you're treated like a King and Queen.

Nov 8th, 1997, 05:44 PM
maryjo

NO way is it too early, many cruise lines are booked for the NY 1999 cruise, even though no destinations or prices are set, people are still booking.
We went on a Celebrity cruise and loved it. The line has a good reputation. Good luck!

Nov 9th, 1997, 08:50 AM
snow

Contact Holland America Lines. I know they are having a suprise destination millenium cruise(s).

Nov 10th, 1997, 12:56 PM
Amy

If you are truly interested in a cruise on New Years for 1999, I would recommend reserving space NOW! Space is on a wait-list only, and with most lines you are able to request the length of your trip and what itinerary they believe a ship will be sailing. Keep in mind though, there are no discounts on a special sailing such as this. In fact, a surcharge will most certainly apply. Contact any cruise agency that represents CLIA (The Cruise Lines International Association) or NACOA (National Association of Cruise Only Agencies) and they will be able to advise you further. Good luck!

Nov 10th, 1997, 12:59 PM
Amy

If you are truly interested in a cruise on New Years for 1999, I would recommend reserving space NOW! Space is on a wait-list only, and with most lines you are able to request the length of your trip and what itinerary they believe a ship will be sailing. Keep in mind though, there are no discounts on a special sailing such as this. In fact, a surcharge will most certainly apply. Contact any cruise agency that represents CLIA (The Cruise Lines International Association) or NACOA (National Association of Cruise Only Agencies) and they will be able to advise you further. Good luck!