Walking Tour of New Orleans?

Mar 30th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Walking Tour of New Orleans?

Has anyone taken a walking tour with an organized group lately? I notice that there are several companies offering 2 hour tours of the Garden district and also the French quarter. Then I found one that can be done on our own which was listed by Frommers. Would anyone suggest using an organized tour? and which one?

Which three restaurants would you recommend as being typical of New Orleans?

Thanks, Margo
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:00 AM

Yes, we took a walking tour that was very informative and enjoyable but I can't remember the name of the company. We learned a lot about the history and building of New Orleans and found it very worthwhile. This tour was in the French Quarter but the same company also gave a tour in the Garden Disrict. Hope this helps.
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:09 AM

We took a cemetery/voodoo tour with the New Orleans Historic Walking Tour Co and it was great. We learned a lot and had a really good time. Our guide was knowlegable and entertaining. I'd definitely take another tour with this company.

We also took a carriage ride tour around the FQ. Our driver was really cool and told us lots of tall tales.
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:31 AM

The Jean Lafitte National Historic Park Service gives free walking tours of the French Quarter. You must pick up a pass in person after 9am on the day. Probably the best deal in the city.

Search this Thread