Waikiki Sand Villa - favorable review

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think this hotel should be added to our favorites list for anyone looking for budget accomodations in Waikiki. I'm here now & find it an extremely good value. It's back by the Ala Wai canal, so a bit of a hike to the beach, but that's the only negative I can think of. It's 2 blocks from Food Pantry grocery store, 4 blocks from the back entrance of International Marketplace, as a point of reference.

Because of online specials on their website, I paid $67.50/night for a room with coffee maker, small frig, lanai with 2 chairs and table and view out over the canal, wood floors, a double and single bed, large TV, inroom safe. I even have an "ocean view" in the other direction (this was not advertised by the hotel) if I lean over the railing. The pool area is large and nice. I'm writing this note on one of the 6 free computers in their hospitality lounge. Because I am staying more than 4 nights, I got free RT airport transfers with Ilima shuttle. And because I'm here more than a week, got $5/night discount of the room rate.

I got a one category room upgrade on check-in without explanation (and no they don't know I post on Fodor's -lol!) so am on the top/12th floor of the hotel. I have not eaten at their onsite restaurants or seen the complimentary continental breakfast that is served by the pool.
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoy paradise Suze!!
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Funny, I was reading my Fodor's 2010 this morning in the hotel room. And this hotel was well recommended as a budget place. I say funny because I always research and choose hotels from online resources... and here this place was, right there in print, in Fodor's, all along
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

well, off to the airport I go... I'm leaving my Fodor's guide here in the computer/hospitality room where it will hopefully get some good use... If anyone has questions about this hotel or some of the other budget choices, feel free to ask. I stopped in and peaked around Royal Grove, White Sands (the old Celebrity Resort), Hawaiiana Hotel (closed/bankrupt), the Breakers, and Hawaiian King this week.
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

topping for divineMissM, who first suggested this hotel to me. with gratitude.