Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Waikiki Oahu $20 restaurant dinner coupon - free (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/waikiki-oahu-20-restaurant-dinner-coupon-free-494251/)

epicureangirl Jan 10th, 2005 11:14 AM

Waikiki Oahu $20 restaurant dinner coupon - free

Thought I'd share this money saver -- if it helps you out please add a post so this message stays alive!

You can get a Palomino restaurant coupon for $20 off dinner, by signing up for their "Premier E-mail Dining Club" online at palomino.com. Choose "HI - Honolulu" as your location, and don't sign up until you're within a month of your trip (or your web coupon will expire).

Make sure to use your 'real' name as you may have to show ID with your coupon to use it.

This is a great offer, also available for other cities that have a Palomino restaurant -- I've used it for Seattle. They will send you other offers from time to time -- they sent me another coupon near my birthday.

Cheers.

atjaden Jan 11th, 2005 03:23 PM

HI I am wondering about the restaurant? what type of food, etc....thanks

lcuy Jan 11th, 2005 04:17 PM

Thanks epi..We eat here often, so $20 off is nice!

epicureangirl Jan 11th, 2005 07:31 PM

To atjaden:

There's a menu on palomino.com that you can check to see what their selection is like -- it's quite a varied menu.

Cheers.

NorthShore Jan 12th, 2005 09:16 AM

Thanks for the idea, I plan to sign up, but I read some reviews on other sites that were all over the map from great to lousy.

Chief bitch was that the dining room was too noisy, the tables were too close together and parking was a problem. Got high marks for menu variety and water views.

epicureangirl Jan 12th, 2005 09:36 AM

I read some positive reviews on the online-newspapers for Hawaii, and although it's not Hoku's I believe it's good value in a moderately priced restaurant.

You don't even have to Pick the Oahu location for your dining club voucher if you'd rather go to one in another city (closer to home perhaps). I've had very good meals at their Seattle location and would not hesitate to go back.

I noticed that outside of the entertainment book, there are very few discount meal offers in Hawaii (even the ones in the local paper do not offer more than a few dollars off) so this seemed worth mentioning.

NorthShore Jan 12th, 2005 11:52 AM

epicureangirl, don't take my post the wrong way. You can't please everybody all the time. I'm going to give it a try and it was very kind of you to mention to us.

epicureangirl Jan 12th, 2005 02:01 PM

No problem at all. I'm going to give it a shot and hope that I have a good meal, and if not, the $20 off will soften the blow! :)

I'm a fairly demanding diner and it takes a lot to 'wow' me, but I'll be eating 3 meals out a day during my trip, so this might as well be one of them. I leave next week, so if this place is horrible I'll make a note here! Cheers.