Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Waikiki,Kauai,BI,Have I left out anything??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First trip to Hawaii and have been planning for 12 months. Just wanted to make sure I haven't left anything out.

356.00 RT Atl to Hnl NWA ? ,but I need to fly out of Orlando. Reward pts MCO to Atl, Crown Plaza one night. Fly out of ATL 8:50 am to HNL 3:10pm.Waikiki Ocean Resort one night.Fly out of HNL 3:10pm next day to LIH 3:45pm (Island air).Mid size rental car 141.00 pl tx 7 day rental(Thrifty).On to Princeville, Pali Ke Kua condo 7 days.Activities to include : Lu'au, Kayaking,Hiking (moderate),Helicopter waterfall landing tour,several bchs,relaxing in sunset.Fly out of LIH to KOA (flight not reserved yet. Mid size rental, 4days, 124.00 pl tx (again Thrifty).On to Waipio Ridge Rental (Air Stream Trailer over looking Waipio Valley ,2 nights)Naalapa horseback tour into the Valley .Morning or Afternoon?
Early on the 3rd Morning leave out for VNP via Hwy 19 for scenic drive , arriving at Volcano Inn in time to do night hike.Next day do the Crater Rim drive and some sightseeing.Question? What is the driving time from VNP to Kona (6:30pm flight to HNL Aloha Air).
Sadly fly out of HNL @ 9:50pm and arrive in Orlando next day @ 8:30pm. By the way my travel dates are 6/10-6/23 .
Any input or suggestions would be kindly accepted.

Only thing left is to pack and figure out what to do with our cat CALLIE !

Mahalo,
Donna
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM

Sounds like a great trip, but not much time to relax. One suggestion, Join Aloha Airlines Aloha pass then try a reservation, we got a r/t from HNL to KOA for 144.20. Also if you want a good resource book get one from Wizzard Publications for the islands you wish to Visit. I used one for the Big Island 2 years ago and bought one for a trip we are planning in June.
Have a good trip!!!
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM

I just got back from KAUAI, I spent 10 days.. I loved the NORTH SHORE.. clean and more like the jungle enviro. My suggestions.. GO FISHING>> I went with KAI BEAR SPORT fishing, 808-652-4556. We caught some killer fish.. and they tasted great. For fresh fish and good eats.... go to the "DOLPHIN MARKET" located 2 miles North of princeville.. that is exactly where I stayed. find out where "QUEENS BATH" is located. too hard to explain the trail.. that is near near princeville golf course.. and if you play be sure you play the OCEAN course.. views are AWESOME!..I have more suggestions.. if you want email me.. [email protected]
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM

OH.. don't go neighborhood hunting unless you know the neighborhood.. they locals their don't have a friendly feeling towards travelers.. and if you are white be very careful about where you go along the south-east shore...
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Wjarman, 2 miles north of Princeville is in the ocean.
8-)
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Fishing ? That's sounds like a good idea.
If DB is willing to clean them LOL.

Wanted to do some trails on the way to KOA on last day of the BI, but kinda of worried about our luggage being left in rental car.How safe or unsafe is it when car is left in public parking?

Thanks for all the input
Donna
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM

I have hear NOT to leave anything in a car you don't want stolen. It has even been suggested to roll the windows up but leave the car unlocked or you may need to have a window replaced as well as what was in the car. Personally I have been to the Big Island 3 times without a problem. Most hotels/resort will hold your luggage until you are ready to leave, check with them before taking them with you.