"Full-Fare" Broadway Tickets

Old May 11th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Full-Fare" Broadway Tickets

I have never ever bought tickets for a Broadway musical at full fare, always only at TKTS and so have never actually "chosen" what I want to see beforehand, rather looked at the board of TKTS on the day of purchase and chose from there.

This time, for my upcoming trip to NY, I am so anxious to see WICKED that I am willing to go for the full price and wonder whether anyone can direct me to where would be the best place (on line) to check for tickets and pricing.

Many thanks in advance.
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:39 PM

the official ticketmaster site is

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/9..._hometicketsny

you might also find tix on playbill.com (you have to join but its free)

watch for ticket brokers who charge way more than face value...
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:58 AM

ticketmaster is the place to shop. There, you'll only pay a $6-7 handling fee per ticket. over the regular price. You're right in recognizing that you'll have to pay full price for Wicked, as you won't find any discount offers. What you've got to watch out for are offers that will cost you way over the stated "regular" fill price.
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:35 AM

Yes, that's it. There is one and only one source for regular-priced, full-price tickets for this show. So it's not going to help you to shop around. Find the best seats you can. It's usually easier to find tickets on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night or a matinee. Expect to pay a total of about $135 per ticket (though I think some of the seats in the theater are cheaper because they are far up in the balcony ... this is the largest theater on Broadway, so some of the seats are really really far from the stage).
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been on the ticketmaster site and have found several options for our tickets. However, even though it has some seating plan it does not tell me exactly where the proposed seats are. Anywhere I can find that? Maybe on the theater website itself?
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

nevermind, found it !!
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:45 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
If you are on Ticketmaster and are searching for tickets, each search DOES tell you exactly where the seats are.

There is a seating chart on the Ticketmaster page.

Here's one from the Gershwin's website -
http://gershwintheatre.com/seating_chart.php
Click on the chart to see a larger pdf version

But this one is easier for me to read -
http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/c...b/plan_ger.htm
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:51 AM

I've had seats in pretty much every corner of the orchestra and front mezzanine seats. I've loved the show from any/all of them.

IMO, front row mezzanine is the best option, but other than that I'd choose as close to the stage as possible. Most of the action is in the middle of the stage so far right or left are not bad seats.

One time, in San Francisco, I nailed a front row mezzanine ticket a few hours before the show. My seats were next to Patty Duke's husband and son. She had just opened as Madame Morrible and he was "conducting" her part - and was thrilled when she finished her first song. I asked if he were her vocal coach. He shook his head...and then leaned over to tell me he was her husband! Very nice folks from Idaho.
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the added info Starrs. The seats I am hitting are mostly on the left or right of the stage around L 10, 12, 14, or similar. I was hoping for center stage seats but so far not found them. I wonder whether any of the seats are "blocked" or "partial viewing" as I know these terms from former TKTS half price ticket purchases?
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:57 AM

VERY good seats! If those are showing up, take them!
No. Those seats are full view with no blocks.
Really good seats. I'd be thrilled to have them
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

I am coming up with tickets in row A or c and seats around 14-18 or 9-13. Anyone know if these are worth the $130 price tag? Are any seats of this caliber partially obstructed view or anything like that? I see that no matter how far ahead I try (I need them for September but I even tried just for fun to see what seats come up for Jan.) and I still don't get anything in the middle seats. Can they really already be all sold?

Thanks for advice.